6 Summer Street, Bar Harbor, ME, USA

Maggie's Bar Harbor Reviews

Dogtown Dogtown
Jul 30, 2007
We read many good reviews about Maggie’s so we saved it for my birthday and our last day in Bar Harbor. We called to make reservations to make sure we could get in. Our reservation was for 7:15pm. Once we arrived at 7:16pm, the host/ bar tender/ person in charge?... asked us if we would like to be seated inside or out. We choose to eat outside. Once seated our server came out and got our drink orders around 7:18. (that is the last we would see of her.) After that a third girl came out and gave us the bread and olive oil etc. The bar tender came out with our drinks at 7:20. At this time a different server brought out the meal for the people next to us. Time passes… and more time… at about 7:45 the bar tender comes out and tells us that our server just has to finish up taking an order form the group inside and she would be right with us. We had just seen our server inside talking to the bar tender and not taking any orders a minute prior to that. At about this time the table next to us was finishing their dinner before we even got to order. We finished our drinks and I went inside to pay our bill. No one even bothered to ask if there was a problem. They just totaled up the bill and sent me on my way. This was an all around very disappointing experience. We will not be returning to Maggie’s.

Some good reviews.

Slow slow slow… service (if you can call it that.)

Unconcerned staff

Staff did not seem to work well with each other.

Check Bar Harbor Hotel Deals