Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA

200 Saxony Road, Encinitas, CA, USA

Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA Encinitas Reviews

HeatherHop HeatherH…
When you are on the road and you miss the gym.... Aug 03, 2009
I don't know if you are like me, but I NEED to get my workouts in, or I feel like a pudgy lazy bum. Sometimes when I am away from home I find it hard to get a workout because I don't have a gym around, and since I generally stay at inexpensive hotels, they quite frequently do NOT have workout rooms....going for a run is nice, but sometimes you just want a really good, hard workout...and like it or not, there is no place like the gym to get it.

I hadn't given the YMCA much thought until I got assigned to work at the Magdalena Ecke YMCA several weeks this summer. I do one week long summer camps for kids with different themes (superheroes, photography, claymation, Top Chef, Anime, etc...) and they are contracted out.

Anyway, that's beside the point...when I went to go work at the YMCA I got the chance to really explore and learn about the facility, and I thought it would be a good place to review on here, especially if there are any people from out of the area who are visiting and would like a gym to go to.

The Magdalena Ecke YMCA, as I understand, is one of the largest and most active YMCA's in the country, and when you show up you will definitely believe it! The place is HUGE!!!!!

Anyway, they have several lap pools, tons of workout classes, weight room, cardio room, and a very nice locker room (in addition to all the camps and stuff that they do for kids).

I am a member of 24 hour fitness, so I don't really see myself paying money to go to the Y to work out when I already have a gym pass, but if I did not and was in the area, I would certainly want to come here.

If I didn't have other reasons for staying with 24 hour, I might even consider's that awesome!

About Day passes, from their website:

"Day Passes"

"We encourage our members to introduce friends and family to our YMCA.* First-time visitors are given a complimentary guest pass after a tour of the facility. Future visits are discounted when accompanied by members at half the day-use rate."

Adult $10

Senior (62+ years) $7

Young Adult (13-20 yrs)$4.50

Youth $1.50"

I think you can even go on their website and download a thing for a free one week trial membership, which might be pretty cool if you are just visiting the area :)

The place is massive and there are always tons of classes and things going on there. If you look at their website, the amount of group fitness classes on there is quite honestly, staggering.

I will definitely consider YMCA for my own gym needs when I am in an area without 24 hour fitness...I just thought I would pass on the information to others who might find it useful!
Fountain at the Magdalena Ecke YMC…
Photo from Magdalena Ecke YMCA, fr…
Palm Trees: Photo from Magdalena E…

Check Encinitas Hotel Deals