Maga mis suspiros

Av. Benavides #1113 - Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Maga mis suspiros Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
A sweet temptation - Maga mis suspiros May 18, 2010
Peruvian cuisine is very well known, but sometimes people forget to talk about the desserts. If you like sweets, you might want to try this place.

It's a small shop on Benavides avenue. Actually it was a former garage, which has been charmingly decorated. This shop is just about desserts, the traditional ones and some chef's innovations.

I've heard about this place quite a lot and tried it once, so I was it will be the perfect one for the guys wanting to try something sweet in Lima. Their menu is a bit large, but they do not have everything all the time. You have to look what they are offering at the moment and ask for what's in the oven.

This time we tried:

-Tres Leches: I've tried this dessert in different places and definitely this one was one of the best, so moisture. Sweet but not overwhelming. I tried the vanilla version, classic, but want to try the cinnamon one.

-Pionono de Mana: The pionono is a popular sweet pastry that looks like a roll. Usually its stuffed with cream caramel, but here they use a traditional Peruvian sweet: the mana, which is a sweet used to cover cakes. Like a candy but not as hard.

-Chirimoya Pie: The Chirimoya is a Peruvian fruit. Very sweet and with a great creamy texture! It was a great combination!

If you are in Lima, be sure to save some room for desserts and look for this small place. Trust me, there will be no regrets at all :)
Traditional Suspiro a la Limena an…
Pionono de mana, Chirimoya Pie and…
yadilitta says:
Yes, Tres Leches is so good. I had Tres Leches today again, lol. I went with mom to a new places (where at least for us) and didn't have to think much about what I'd choose for dessert :P
I wish I could take Chirimoya with me to L.A.
Posted on: May 21, 2010