2047 South Hwy 92, Sierra Vista, AZ, USA

Maestro's Sierra Vista Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Disappointing Appetizer Aug 01, 2011
I took my husband for dinner to Maestro's. I had long wanted to eat there, so when the opportunity presented itself, I took it.

It was pretty empty, just one table occupied by a party of 5. We were seated right away.

Only one server was available, he seemed pretty confident. We were in no hurry so we did not mind the delay in between orders. We started with a dry red South American wine, the server did not bring the bottle so I can not say for sure that it was what we ordered. He simply filled each of our glasses and brought it to us.

Mark ordered a cup of coffee too, not sure why since we had ordered the wine.The wine was ok, I only had half the glass.

For entrees, we ordered Oysters; Mark ordered the fesh oysters with lemon and butter, while I went with the breaded oysters. The waiter went through the order with us and once we were done, he though for a moment then told us that the oysters were all served for the evening. With just one table at 6:00 pm, it was hard to imagine that the oysters were all served. Something else was going on, they either did not have them to begin with, or it would have been too much to prepare.

We then decided to go with Bruschetta, play it safe that way. This turned out to be a big mistake. The order did not look like Bruschetta, when I tasted it, it had way too much Balsamic vinegar, I could not take more than a bite. So we sent it back. The waiter was kind enough to take it off our bill.

For the main course, I went with the Blackened Tilapia. Turned out great. Mark however did not comment on his meal, when we got home, he said it was less than average. Which meant he was not satisfied with his meal. I was disappointed seeing as this was supposed to be a special outing for him.

Not sure I will be returning there. Been there, done that.
My husband and son
Africancrab says:
Yes, this was actually disappointing
Posted on: Dec 31, 2012