Madrone Lounge

San Francisco, California

Madrone Lounge San Francisco Reviews

eleni3005 eleni3005
DonĀ“t miss Motown on Mondays!!! Apr 19, 2011
I really love this places. One of my favorites in SF... It is not very big but it is always fun, specially on mondays when they play Motown music!!! Drinks are nice, ask for the Lola cocktail (delicious!!!), and enjoy the photobooth... nice memories of crazy nights!!
worldcitizen worldcit…
Aug 15, 2007
This is an artsy little nightlife venue in NoPa (North of Panhandle). They have live music and DJs and the lounge features artwork made by local artists. The music is usually world, hip-hop and electronic. Sunday through Tuesday it's free and the rest of the week they charge just $5. They make some cool cocktails with their interesting selections of juice and infused vodkas. It sounded so fantastic to me until I went there for the first time...

It has potential to be a lot more fun but a few things are standing in its way. The first problem is the fact that it is so tiny and dark. You'll find that it's hard to move around through the crowds and you definitely won't find a place to sit in the cute seating areas unless you're amongst the first to arrive for an event. When it's so packed, there is hardly any room to dance to the DJ or band. It's also really loud inside the club which is probably due to the smallness and the crowds. We couldn't find room to dance and we couldn't chat amongst ourselves because it was so loud. So what do you do? You just stand there packed like sardines amongst all of the scenesters... which leads me to the last issue- the atmosphere was definitely a little pretentious.

I think it's pretty audacious to charge even the cheapest cover when there is no room to dance and it's too loud to talk. Maybe I need to give it another chance and go there on a slow day, that might make a difference. Maybe it also depends on the entertainment for the night. I might try it out again someday, but I really wasn't impressed the first time around.
worldcitizen says:
;)
Posted on: Aug 15, 2007
Eric says:
sounds like a club in LA! ;)
Posted on: Aug 15, 2007