Madroña Vineyards

2560 High Hill Road, Camino, CA, USA
Madroña Vineyards - Tasting room interior
Madroña Vineyards - Couldn't resist! Had to get the photo of the cool cork display...LOL
Madroña Vineyards - Madrona tasting room
Madroña Vineyards - Old bottles in their display cases

Madroña Vineyards Camino Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Mountain Grown Wines! Apr 19, 2008
While exploring the El Dorado wine region, we stopped off at Madroña Vineyards to check out their wines. As I am new to the El Dorado wine region, this is definitely one I had never heard of. Like Lava Cap and many other local wineries, they feature small batch production.

They get their name from the old madrone tree that stands in the middle of the vineyard. Madroña is located at an elevation of 3,000 feet, one of the highest vineyards in California, and therefore supporting its distinction of offering mountain-grown wines.

I did not try all their wines here, only those on the complimentary tasting menu this time around. Their reds were pretty good but I absolutely fell in love with their dessert wines. They were pouring a Late Harvest Zinfandel that was spectacular and of course, found its way into my car! LOL.

Although this is only the second El Dorado Winery I've visited, I am so far very impressed with the wines from this region and looking forward to visiting the area again.
Madrona tasting room
Tasting room interior
Old bottles in their display cases
Couldn't resist! Had to get the ph…
fearlessflyer82 says:
I've been to this very winery and I took home a bottle of their port that is still in my kitchen. Great review!
Posted on: Apr 28, 2008
acowboy says:
you must educate me abou the different wines... it still puzzles me to this day
Posted on: Apr 28, 2008