Madrid is different

914 29 05 51

Madrid is different Reviews

mmorri2847 mmorri28…
Madrid is wonderful! Jul 02, 2011
I went to Madrid by myself and used the metro to get downtown (only 1 euro per trip). I visited the Prado Museum, walked all around town, taking pictures of the beautiful architecture everywhere. My favorite was the Puerta de Alcala and the old Post office (which is as big as the Santiago cathedral)! I also visited the Royal Palace and Cathedral. Very beautiful. Get there early to avoid a long line. I think I paid about 8euro for the museum and you can go to the top of the dome and see the whole city, and then you eventually wind down to the cathdral. I wish I could have stayed a whole week. you will never be bored, even travelling solo. I ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, so good to eat a burger and fries. There are Americans everywhere and most every store speaks English, so no worries if your Spanish is not that great!
mmorri2847 says:
Parque Retiro is so gorgeous! you can spend all day walking around and sightseeing! don't miss it
Posted on: Jul 02, 2011
LaLuna17 LaLuna17
Madrid Jun 25, 2011
I spent three months in Madrid in my early 20s and had a fantastic time! I was also able to travel around Spain but I always looked forward to coming back to Madrid. The culture is rich and interesting, the people are friendly and full of life and the country is just beautiful! In my opinion a trip to Spain is not complete without a stop in Madrid.
Rigodon Rigodon
Jun 27, 2007
Hi Franco!

I see you will be here in August, prepare yourself for the real heat.

Anyway August 15th is a local holiday in Madrid, all this week you can find night festival (Especially during this day) near the "Palacio Real".

You should avoid the worst heat hours, from 14:00 to 17:00. As other travbuddy suggests "El Retiro Park" could be a good choice, another important is "Parque del Oeste"; I think is better if you can visit a museum. My favourites are "El Prado" and "Thyssen Bornemisza".

The most typical zones are: the surroundings of "Plaza Mayor", Chueca (Gayfriendly district) and "El Prado" zone.

You will be here some days, you can make some one day journeys to Salamanca, Toledo, Segovia Cuenca and Ávila (Especially Segovia), all these places are World Heritage.

Remember there are some Tourist transport Cards from 1 to 7 days, and 2 zones -A- (Madrid city) and -T- (Madrid city, Madrid province, including the trains and buses to Toledo), 1 day -A Zone- is 3.50EUR for unlimited uses, 7 days -T zone- is 36.70 EUR for unlimited uses.

If you need more information let me know.

Regards.

Related Travel Blogs About Madrid is different

5.10.09 Bedazzling Barcelona!
5.10.09 Bedazzling Barcelona!   Charles declared Barcelona his favorite city so far!  That’s high praise given the other wonderful major cities we’ve seen so far:  Dublin, London…different from Madrid .   Madrid and Barcelona look very similar in my opinion, but Madrid is larger…
la buena vida, MADRID. live and let live the good life in madrid, the city of my dreams.
when i went to my room at the hostel last night, my roomates in the hostel were out. well they were probably in a bar somewhere - yes i am the only one separated from the guys, oh and alex too. lori,…madrid was so different from night and day! in the evening - the night crawlers were out and it was loud…

Check Madrid Hotel Deals