Maddfish Grill

1140A North Lake Park Boulevard, Carolina Beach, NC, USA

Maddfish Grill Carolina Beach Reviews

vances vances
See seafood here Nov 02, 2012
My wife and I snuck out to vote early this morning, meaning we headed for the Carolina Beach Town Hall (we live in an unincorporated area, known as Monkey Junction!). As we pulled into a parking space we noticed a new eatery, the Maddfish Grill. So this evening the family ventured back down to check out the newest venue in our favorite beach town.

A delightful surprise, the Maddfish went beyond expectations. Perhaps this was due to the fact that none of our friends had raved about the restaurant, which is our usual alert to new eats on the scene. This was curious because Maddfish is clearly a local operation: new owners basically moved into an existing restaurant (used to be Snow’s Cut Café) and stole the chef from Cape Fear Seafood Company, another restaurant we frequent.

The menu is wonderfully seafood driven, though a bit eclectic with burgers and nonesuch to appeal to the masses. Seems evening specials are the prime attraction and I ordered the catfish special, smothered in hash and green tomato relish, which was superb. My wife requires gluten free and was delighted she could order the shrimp scampi special served over a bed of spinach rather than pasta. We kicked things off with crab bisque, which was quite good. Texture wasn’t as creamy as usual, but still tasty and I was pleased the “cups” contained as much soup as you would typically get from ordering a bowl!

Our daughter ordered fettuccini which I’ll probably be eating over the next few days because the portion was so gargantuan, and she finished with some pumpkin cheesecake she raved about (and as you may see from the accompanying picture, elegantly presented). Service was very good, although the place was fairly slow for a Friday night. Fingers are crossed that the lack of volume was strictly due to it being off-season (though we learned breakfast is big attraction) and with luck Maddfish will drive the tourists insane next summer!
Maddfish Grill, Carolina Beach, NC
Let's go on in!
Dining area. There is also a comp…
The menu - plenty of good stuff in…
sylviandavid says:
So happy to see you featured! Very nice!
westwind57 says:
great review!!! and congrats on your feature, Vance :) There is something about cat fish these days ;)
Chokk says:
Congrats on your feature, Vance :)

Check Carolina Beach Hotel Deals