Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum

Times Square: 234 West 42nd Street, New York, NY, USA - 1-800-246-8872

Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum New York Reviews

six2midnight six2midn…
Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum Nov 23, 2011
If you are around the area and if you like these sort of things you will be entertained. If you don't I suggest you stay away, because you will be bored and ruin someone else's experience if they planned on seeing the wax models. It's not overly priced and you can spend as much time as you'd like. They often update the wax models, to keep up with the celebrities current image, I might say some of the wax models don't resemble the celebrities.

On one occasion I went it happened to be Halloween, and they had set up a fright area for adult 18 and older, so I decided to see what it was about. Surprisingly it was very good and not cheesy scary. At the end they left something very terrifying. I remember screaming running to the exit and upon exiting having the crowd outside who chose not to walk through look at me and think "maybe be we should go in".

Overall you will have a good time, and I will add that it is a great place to hibernate during inclement weather. There is also a place inside to get drinks and eat (at least from the last time I went).
Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne
Fidel Castro
Not worth it! Dont waste your money Dec 14, 2011
I visited Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum thinking it would take a couple hours and be a lot of fun photos. The worst part is the "current celebs" section, full of people hanging on and having their picture taken with the not so popular sports, movie, and music stars (likenesses of varying quality) I was more and more disappointed by the selection in each room. This place is OVERPRICED! I would have not went inside if I known the cost and was paying for it. For how much we paid the entire museum only took us an hour to walk through. I took photos of a couple celebs, but most of them I didn't care for. The rooms were over-crowded and smelled bad. There was no history behind the was figures so it was hard to even tell who was who if your young. I would never waste mine or anyone else's money again. I give this place two stars and thats just being nice.
HuBison HuBison
One of the biggest of the Madame Tussaud's Jun 10, 2010
There's one in DC and other cities and this is one of the largest. You take the elevator to the top and walk your way down as you point and stop to take pictures with a variety of actors, models, and show biz folks.

I was walking down 42nd street when I didn't know Madame Tussaud's had opened up there. From afar I couldn't figure out why Samuel L. Jackons was standing on the side walk, but briefly thought-hey, it's NY, lots of popular people just walk the streets (maybe not in Times Square though). So, this is to say, some of the wax figures look really, really good; some are too pale; some are too shiny; but there are lots.

If you want to save a few bucks, they automatically sign you up for a tour that includes a brief movie. BEFORE you pay or before they ring you up, read all the fine print on the price board behind the register and if you'd like, you can pay for a more basic ticket that will skip the little movie.

I hope you enjoy it; I'm sure you will if you are visiting NY or live there and just want to go...there are lots of people, some you wouldn't even think would be there!
What! Is that Biggie Smalls!
hotspot_23 hotspot_…
Cool waxy fun! Dec 27, 2008
If you ever thought you could never mistake a giant lump of wax for a person, let alone a very famous person, you have not visited Madame Tussauds wonderous Wax Museum. Born Marie Grosholtz in 1761, two months after her father was killed in the Franco-Prussian war, the young Madame Tussaud learned her skills from her mother's employer, Philippe Curtius, A doctor, with a talent for wax modelling.

Located on 42nd Street in Times Square, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum lets you get up close and personal with wax likenesses of New York and international celebrities. Rub elbows with the likes of Brad Pitt, Woody Allen, Joan Rivers and Whoopi Goldberg. See how you measure up to Evander Holyfield and Kareem Abdul Jabar and go on stage with Michael Jackson and Madonna. Madame Tussaud's likes to claim it is the only place to 'Get up close and personal with your favorite celebrities'

-from NYC.COM