Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum and Planetarium

London, England

Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum and Planetarium London Reviews

nimic nimic
A Day With The Stars Jun 11, 2011
Madame Tussaud's is like the Best Place I've ever went to! I've been to the one in London and Berlin, and I've got to say the London one was the best !

For Your Information, Madame Tussaud's is a Wax Museum, featuring all stars from Hollywood, Bollywood, politicians and historians from the Past.

Madame Tussaud's has now branches in Amsterdam, Bangkok, Berlin, Blackpool, New York City, Shanghai, Vienna and many more.

One of the things i like in Madame Tussaud's London is the Scream experience, where there's like a maze with live actors who'll scare you. Definitely awesome! =)

Since i went there last year, I kinda miss the Marvel Super Heroes 4D experience, but i heard it's kinda amazing (from my cousins who went there this year)

You can save a lot on Madame Tussaud's London if you take a combo-ticket (together with the London Eye) Since most of you would visit the London eye eventually, so it's kinda worth it. And don't worry for the long queue, when i went there last time, Getting ticket is kinda fast. You can get the tickets online btw!

Those who love Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga, should get your ticket A.S.A.P! The wax statues are amazing! Just look at my TB friend (Aurora78)'s photos! xD
nimic says:
you should go to the London's eye. They have the new 4D experience...that was AWESOME!!! xD
Posted on: Jun 11, 2011
dqfn1 says:
Thanks, I've been to London 2 years ago... I've seen the London Eye but didn't had the time to get in... and same gows for Madame Tussauds... Although I have been to the one in Amsterdam... like a gazillion years ago!
Posted on: Jun 11, 2011
jojostevie jojostev…
"Waxed Stars" Oct 31, 2011
There are some great 2 for 1 tickets you can pick up from tesco or I found some from WHSmith which meant it was only £28.50 for two of us to get in than the normal price which I would find a bit expensive.

We did spend about 50 mins in a queue to get in so don't know if it would be better and quicker pre-booking your tickets. There is an express entrance where you spend an extra £5 to get in straight away which I think is a bit of a con.

Once in you can get some good pictures with the stars and there are plenty of them to see. Some are better than others, Brad Pitt looked a bit on the tired side.

There are also plenty of opportunities to get professional pictures taken with a few exhibits including Johnny Depp Captain Jack Sparrow from pirates of the carribean and others. There are also games to play to keep your visit a bit more interesting but it is rather busy and you do have to wait your turn.

But the best part for me was the little ghost tour and getting on the little black cab ride and getting told the history of London
Must be love!
"No woman no cry"
daniellelooije danielle…
Seeing all the celebrities Apr 19, 2011
First of all a tip, buy your tickets in front! You can do this online or at any tourist office. The prices are lower and you avoid waiting in a long que. I did this and I could get in immediately.

It depends on what you want to see in London, but if you want to have some fun and not only looking for culture, this attraction might be a good place to visit. You can see all the wax statues of big stars like Robbie Williams, Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt. Also the oldies like Elvis, Bob Marley and who else then Micheal Jackson. Even the real oldies like Shakespear and Dickens can be viewed. Want more british? No problem, the royal family is represented in wax and ready to pose for your picture.

And then make a trip through history and the world. Meet Obama, Ghandi, the Pope and even Hitler

A more exciting place is the scary dungeon, where scary imagages of headles people and famous murderers are shown. Actually there is some culture here. What do you think of a wax copy of the head of Marie-Antoinette post guillotine? Or the actual blade of the guillotine which decapitated her?

It is expensive, but absolutely worth it! Especially if you want some good pics.
Building of Madame Tussauds
Greatlookinguy Greatloo…
World famous Wax Museum... must see in London! Aug 10, 2011
Everyone's heard of the world famous Madame Tussaud's wax museum... I've been there twice. Once with friends and once when my mum visited me from India.

They change their exhibits every so often, so there's always some new stuff to see there. They have this one section where it is fully dark and pregnant ladies and those with heart conditions are not allowed. It is truly scary.. they have hired actors to come and scare you in the dark! ha ha ha

The cost can be a little high, but there are plenty of deals on the internet I have heard. So look around, get a good deal and enjoy!
m3jka m3jka
Planaetarium??? Aug 30, 2011
Planetarium?? What Planetarium???

Anyway, you need a whole day to visit that place. It starts with a huge queue. I waited around an hour and a half to get in. The place was of course completely crowded but I managed to take some pictures with my idols ;) I really liked the last part of the visiting which was a short train tour. The place is worth visitng although it's quite expensive.
jodine1987 jodine19…
mediocre Jul 17, 2011
We didn't have to queue for long, as we had pre-paid for our tickets. The procedure for getting into to the museum wasn't well explained, but within 15 minutes we were in. Visitors are then tramped up numerous steps to reach the main floors. Here the most in-demand figures are displayed. Up close they disappoint, even though I appreciate the amount of work that go into production.
Davidy82 Davidy82
Good for a day out but not a must Mar 20, 2011
Good for a day out but not a must. Very expensive expecailly for a family , look out for the buy one get one offers! and try and avoid peak times
Lasttraveller Lasttrav…
Wax me down Dec 20, 2009
Madame tussauds in London can get very crowded and you may have to line up for a while before entering. The price is pretty expensive so you got to decide if it is worth it or not.

When entering the place you get your basic hollywood starts that are current, there is then an optional big brother diary room where you can talk to big brother which is pretty cool and it is filmed.

The next room is bollywood, then sports, singers, presidents, killers somewhere and at last a ride through time. Overall it is pretty interesting matching up with the looks of a wax like figure and is fun taking photos doing your pose you always wanted doing, westside with obama and grabbing the queens but where just some tags I did.
kat307 kat307
Fun for a first visit Sep 08, 2008
This was my first visit to a Madame Tussauds and although I enjoyed it, I haven't been back to a Madame Tussards since. And I have been in plenty of places where they are located. It is fun for a first visit because you have never seen it before, but it did start to lessen as I was walking through because as at the end of the day they are just wax figures! I was more impressed with a picture of on of Madonna's album covers that was made entirely of jelly beans (see attached photos!). It was very busy and crowded, full of tourists and at some points a battle to get photos, probably better to go on a quite day or in the slow season. Although the entry price is quite standard for a tourist attraction, I still thought it was quite steep. It was about £30, although you can save money by getting them online in advance. I have heard that each figure costs about £150k to make so they need to make their money back somewhere!
The jelly bean picture!
Morgan Freeman & Orlando Bloom.
Angeline Jolie and Brad Pitt.
Spiderman.
CFD CFD
Mar 09, 2007
Statues of celebrities are on display and the "sight" is to walk around and take pictures of yourself together with the celebs.. There is also a pretty scary course with live actors which will try to scare you.. This is a really great part of the exhibition since i smiled the entire time i where inside (3-4mins?). In the end there is a wieving in the old "london planetarium" (the planetarium doesnt exist anymore!) where the meaning is that you should feel like a celebrity..

Does it work? Not really.. The wax figures are nice and its a little scary that they are looking right at you. The "scary course" is really good , but pretty short. The "tour of london" is also pretty good. The view in the old planetarium is just rubbish.

Take the Tube to Baker street to get there. You will see the entrance once you get up from the station. Its also announced by voice on the tube.

PS: Even though you save money about buying online its not always as easy.. I bought the ticket online and went to the reception and asked to get my ticket (ive used VISA to pay online).. The number where NOT VALID so i had to buy annother ticket.. So please be aware of this.. I had to pay the admission price (25GBP) twice.. Which makes around 100USD to take the tour , which its certainly not worth.

(as with all of my reviews.. Pics and spelling correction will come when i have time)

Check London Hotel Deals