Madame Brussels

(03) 9662 2775

Madame Brussels Melbourne Reviews

Chloe24 Chloe24
Fabulous, Affordable Bar Mar 28, 2010
The greatest place to spend your night in Melbourne, whether it be after a big night as a wind down, or as a quiet night in...out.

Madame Brussels is up three sets of stairs on Burke Street in Melbourne. There are no signs to claim it's existance, and if you ask the average Melbourner where it is, they will stare blankly. However, if you can make it to this fabulous little joint, you will be ever so happy.

On the way up to Madame Brussels we thought we were in the wrong building - dodgy stairs, a funky smell, and what looked like hotel rooms. But open the door on the third floor, and you enter into a scene directly from Alice in Wonderland. Couches are scattered around inside, and the floor is not concrete, but rather, grass. Outside you are seated on white chairs on the rooftop - the view is great!

They have fantastic, slightly alternative cocktails - I'd recommend the watermelon and berry one. Their bread and hummus is divine, and their sausage rolls are out of this world. But, possibly the best part of Madame Brussels, pushing aside the fact that you sit on couches, with rugs, your feet on the grass, cheap jugs of cocktails and food at your disposal, is their cupcakes.

If you do not have one, you have not lived. They look like normal cupcakes. They are not. The ratio of icing to cupcake is almost half, and even I, as a hater of all things icing, found myself in heaven. They are definitely melt-in-your-mouth, five star cupcakes!

All up, Madame Brussels is amazing. For those that prefer a more laid-back alcoholic experience, an alternative atmosphere, or just somewhere to quite literally put your feet up at the end of the night, Madame Brussels is the place to be.
AbbeyR says:
Haha I have always explained Madame brussles to be likea scene from the mad hatters tea Party. I was so happy to see this review of one of my favorite places, as a Melbournian myself I am very passionate about the places I love in Melbourne. I will have to go back to Madame Brussles soon and experience those hot cocktails in a tea pot and sitting outside with my blanket and hot water bottle. ;D
Posted on: Apr 03, 2011