Madam Kwan's

Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Madam Kwan's Kuala Lumpur Reviews

nimic nimic
Madam Kwan's - Not What It Used To Be Sep 02, 2011
I usually don't give low ratings for my reviews. So there must be a reason for Madam Kwan's to get 3 stars.

From my one personal experience a month ago in Madam Kwan's KLCC branch (not @ TB meet up) , there's always a huge waiting list to enter the restaurant, even in the afternoon . I had to wait for at least 40 minutes.....

The Nasi Lemak doesn't taste as delicious as the 1st time I tried it at the Mid Valley Megamall. Though the Nasi Lemak @ The Travbuddy meet up did compensate for that =)

Honestly I can find a better Nasi Lemak for half the price.

Yeah, the prices there aren't cheap. What do you expect? It's in KLCC. Almost everything in KLCC are expensive :P

I would recommend travellers who come to Malaysia to eat there, but not locals :P
Jopin Jopin
Local Cuisine at International Prices Oct 27, 2008
Madam Kwan's has a very upmarket and stylish look to it, but unfortunately it's probably the very thing that patrons are paying so much for when dining here. The staff were hardly helpful either, with barely a smile on their faces and a wave of the hand to tell us to wait whenever we called out for a waiter!

Albeit this franchise is located in KLCC, however having only to boast of delicious fried rice and Nasi Lemak is not really worth making the trip and paying as much as triple what you can get from a local restaurant or even a hawker stall that sells Nasi Lemak with Rendang Chicken wrapped in banana leaf and newspaper, and costing only MYR4.00.

I had the Curry Laksa, which is curried noodles with shrimp, chicken slices, half a boiled egg and a few pieces of cut long beans, served with a side of 'sambal' or fried chilli paste and half a lime. This was one of the worst Laksas I've seriously ever tasted! Mint leaves, which are only used in Assam LAksa, were found swimming in my Curry Laksa, which was such a no-no!! And the curry gravy tasted nothing like a typical bowl of laksa would in Malaysia.

I doubt that I'd go back to Madam Kwan's. I'd prefer somewhere with less snobbery in its ambience but serves good old fashioned local "soul food" that's less expensive but taste just like home.
sandy_ryanto sandy_ry…
Trully Malaysian cuisine that comes in handy Aug 04, 2008
It's not too often for me to get a chance to visit Kuala Lumpur, however, each time that chance comes, I hardly miss the Madam Kwan's, one restaurant that needs queing in meal hours. On my recent trip to KL, I decided to write up something on this place.

Located in a luxury gigantic shopping mall, Suria KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Center), Madam Kwan's offers various options of Malaysian cuisines, and some of Western's for those who needs alternative. Nice and cozy environment, with a great response of serving time, adds on the enjoyment of this eatery.

The impression that Malaysian cuisines is Nasi Lemak and Teh Tarik is not wrong, although it is not totally correct. The Nasi Lemak is tasty, however, others are good too. Various foods come in handy, and that includes the famous Soup Gulai Kepala Ikan (fish head curry soup, literally translated).

Expect to spend aroudn 25-40 RM per person for an average meals. It's best when you have 4 persons to share the dishes, however, the more is the merrier.

Madam Kwan's is now having 4 locations in Kuala Lumpur besides KLCC; Bangsar, Mid Valley and KL Pavilion. Mostly are at the malls, hassle free!

Enjoy Malaysia, Trully Asia !!
the ambience
Nasi Lemak
Soup Gulai Kepala Ikan
Madam Kwan's
ErnaButterfly says:
ur review is great, shame on us being plain lazy to write abt it hehe
Posted on: Aug 06, 2008
sandy_ryanto says: choice.
shame on me, I should let the locals do the recommendations on this, coz you will know better!
I will apologize to Madam Kwan's once I can meet her up. :)
Posted on: Aug 06, 2008
ErnaButterfly says:
We had our KL meet-up in Madam Kwan's, Pavilion Mall
Posted on: Aug 04, 2008
JeAr JeAr
Posh Spice-y Jul 27, 2008
According to my good KL friend, Erna, this restaurant serves authentic Malaysian dishes, which means spicy in layman's term. But, if you're not into that, there are also several non-spicy ones to choose from. Try to sample at least one spicy dish, though. Just make sure that you have a pitcher of cold water next to you, just like what I did! ;)

The design and ambiance of the place is modern and elegant, and the price of the food proves that :P I won't say it's super expensive, but it's definitely not for the budget-conscious. The location is also convenient since it's very close to Bukit Bintang and inside one of the newest high-end malls in Kual Lumpur, the Pavilion KL. Service is quite good, and like most places in KL, the staff speaks good English, so 'yay!' for English-speaking people! :D

Related Travel Blogs About Madam Kwan's

Last Friday Night : TravBuddy Meet Up
T.G.I.F ! T.G.!.F ! T.G.!.F ! This was my very first Travbuddy meet up in Kuala Lumpur. It was held in Madam Kwans , KLCC (You can read my review about the restaurant on my profile). Since this was …Kuala Lumpur. It was held in Madam Kwans , KLCC (You can read my review about the restaurant on my profile…

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals