# Gen. Segundo Ave. cor. M.H. del Pilar, Laoag, Philippines

Macy's Diner Laoag Reviews

Isabetlog Isabetlog
An American Diner Pinoy-Style Jun 08, 2008
Laoag isn't place I expected to see an American diner. But it was a welcome change from the usual bagnet and poqui poqui I had with every meal as I refuse to have any fastfood when I travel. They've got the look right, complete with black and white tiled floors, red formica tables, and leather(ette) seats at the booths. There's Elvis, the Beatles and neon lights all around. I think the only thing missing is the food being served on roller skates.

What threw me off were the signs they had outside - Siopao, Palabok, Kare-Kare, Bopis! Eh??? I thought this was an American diner? But then again, it is the Philippines - the land where everything is a hodgepodge of our influences! The menu reflects just that, and there was hardly anything American (save for the usual club sandwich, burgers, fries, tacos, etc.)

Except for their tapa breakfast which was dry and tasteless, their food for the most part is decent and fairly priced. It's just not what you expect to get in a diner.
Isabetlog says:
Hey hey, don't let me stop you, it's always interesting to read about other people's take on things. Do it!
Posted on: Jul 22, 2008
jilltrekker says:
Looks like I don't have to write about this place na, haha. You beat me to it! Stayed in Tiffany's and ate at this diner just below it on my Luzon trip.
Posted on: Jul 22, 2008