Machupicchu Hostal

127 Av Imperio de los Incas, Aguas Calientes, Peru
Machupicchu Hostal - Hostal Machu Picchu is on the left.
Machupicchu Hostal - View upriver from the communal porch.
Machupicchu Hostal - View downriver from the communal porch.
Machupicchu Hostal - View out our room windows toward the garden, which had tropical birds.

Compare Machupicchu Hotel Rates (0.2km away)

Machupicchu Hostal Aguas Calientes Reviews

aerynn aerynn
Comfortable, tidy, affordable hostal. Oct 11, 2008
The value for the money is excellent. Each room has a private bathroom. We paid $35/night for a two-bed room with a bathroom attached. This price included a lovely breakfast buffet for each person. I don't think I have any negative comments about this place.

Upon arrival, the staff were very helpful, and answered any questions we had. They spoke some English.

The room was not large, but it was mostly comfortable. There was not much space to put my pack on the floor where it wouldn't be walked on, but the beds were big enough that I mostly camped out on the bed with my stuff. Each bed had its own directional reading lamp, which was helpful if one person wanted to sleep but the other was reading.

The windows had no screens, so we mostly kept them closed to prevent small biting flies from coming in...but when we did open them, our view of the garden courtyard was lovely.

A balcony overlooking the river was a great place to sit and read or write. It was shaded and rather secluded.

My favourite part of the stay was the breakfast buffet. Multiple types of fresh yogurt, several different kinds of breakfast buns, cereals, eggs, various meats that I didn't try, home fries, fresh fruit, and fresh-made juices were there each morning...well, next door. The owners run 3 hostels, so the buffet is shared by all 3. Of course there was also coffee, tea, and coca tea available.

I could have eaten breakfast for every meal here. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anybody wanting a cheap, comfortable place to stay in Aguas Calientes. It wasn't fancy, but neither am I.
View downriver from the communal p…
View out our room windows toward t…
Hostal Machu Picchu is on the left.
View upriver from the communal por…
silan says:
Thanks for the review! I will be looking for a place to stay for a night in Aguas Calientes after doing the Inca Trail and I will keep this place in mind!
Posted on: Mar 21, 2009

Compare Machupicchu Hotel Rates (0.2km away)

Machupicchu Hostal Map