Machu Picchu

Machu Picchu - Peru

Machu Picchu Reviews

marareid marareid
Amazing Feb 24, 2013
If you ever find yourself in Lima, make time to go to Machu Picchu. This is truly an amazing cultural site to visit. Yes there has been some work done to preserve the ruins however; this "restoration" does not lessen the beautiful and breathtaking nature of the ruins. I wanted to hinke the Inca trail but could not find a tour with space at the time I checked however; I hiked from Aguas Calientes to the ruins (instead of taking the bus).

Check out my know before you go tips on my free travel site www dot adventuresonabudget dot com
hmida4th hmida4th
Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu Jun 14, 2012
I puchased this trek one day before we left to start the trek. We drove from cusco to out side santa maria up a mountin 4200M above sea level, that might not mean anything to you but when your that high it messes with your body. you feel like you have a hangover and are dizzy all the time. Anyway we had a 30k bike ride down the mountin it was amazing, start at subzero temp above the coulds and then riding into them and feeling the warmth from the clouds. I got great pic.

Then we did white water raffing down one of the main river that runs from peru to brazil into the altitic ocean. That was over class 2, 3, and 4 rappids which mean there were alot of ups and downs!!

Then the drive said he was gonna take us to the place we were going to sleep, the dude drop us off in the middle of the jungle on a dirt track and introduce us to another guide and drove off. This guy said that we had to walk a little to get to the place we were sleeping, so we follwed this guy off the dirt track into the jungle at 10pm it was pitch black through thick jungle. He had made us walk up hill non stop for 50min in the dark with little flash light to help us.

That was just day one!!

The second day was the sacrest day of my life. start the inca trail. we walk for 8 hour staright up and down mountins not hill!! over and throw river we were eat fresh fruit off the tree the whole way it was some of the best view i have ever seen. ps to help you under stand how high the mountins were if you put a 18 storie tower bloack on its self 8 times thats about the high of the path we were walking on which i need to say was only half a meter wide. Went i think back i must have been mad to have done it.(my hands are ripped to pieces from holding on the the cliff egde for dear life!! that no joke)

We ended that day at a natural spa, that flow from a moutain and in to man made pools. After a full day of working i don't think any eles would have done. so relaxing and hot!

day 3, more trying to beat my dislike of high by zipp line between mountin on a steel cable (6 times) the one in peru is new and is the highest in south america.

Then we did some more walking for around 4hour with all my stuff, the bag wieght 20kg at the airport went left the uk, and the sun was hot around 35c this was beacuse we were getting out of the jugle so we had to take all are stuff.

Then we hit a small town at the foot of machu pichu.

Last day on the trek, up machu picchu start at 5am to be at the top for 6am. We got to spend the hold day at machu picchu and had a tour of the site for a couple of hours. jumped on a train in the evening and headed back to cusco to sleep before i headed for Sao Paulo the next day.
travelr29 travelr29
Machu Picchu Aug 20, 2012
This was a life time experience. To really get a great experience, I strongly recommend doing to 2 hour uphill stair hike from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu at 4 a.m.

If you start at this time, you should be a Machu Picchu by 6a.m., which will allow you to see an incredible sun rise. the only risk that you might encounter is that it tends to be really cloudy up at Machu Picchu which will limit your view of the sun rise, but on any giving day, you will experience the sun rise cloud free. I also recommend after a long day of touring Machu Picchy to go and relax in the hot springs of Aguas Calientes follow by a full body massage. Both of these things are relatively cheap.
Peru - Summer 2012