Maccheroni

26 C/ García de Vinuesa, Sevilla, Spain

Maccheroni Sevilla Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Maccheroni & Co Oct 08, 2011
One of the best meals I had in Spain, ironically enough, was the Italian pizza we ate in Maccheroni and Co. We went there because we hadn’t realised that it was so late (about 11.45) and Seville was shutting – nowhere wanted to serve us any food. Of course, in Malaga, we’d pretty much only just got started at 11.30 so we were surprised, and hugely relieved to find a pizza place that would serve us.

This restaurant is in the Arenal area, and serves really excellent food. I had pear and cheese pasta, which shouldn’t work but seems to work really well, and my partner had one of the best pizzas he has ever had. The sauces were all very light and the food was quick and really excellent quality. The staff were very friendly, and I suspect kept the kitchen open for us a little late. The restaurant is decorated in quite a modern way, with lots of prints and an open kitchen.

I can’t quite remember what it cost – I was very sleepy – but it seemed about average. They have a website, so you can probably check.
spocklogic says:
It's interesting how the simple things are sometimes the best. I remember a pizza I had in Naples once. The crust itself was simply amazing, and lightly spread with fresh tomato, topped in minimalistic cheese. With fresh basil on top, it was superb! That was something special I think, and I have not tasted its equal since...
Posted on: Oct 18, 2011