MacDill Inn

Check Tampa Hotel Deals

MacDill Inn Tampa Reviews

jennjeff1 jennjeff1
Average 2:1 Visiting Quarters Aug 03, 2011
Stayed at the MacDill Inn Visitor Quarters on MacDill AFB, in Tampa, FL 31 July-5 August 2011. I had stayed here before but in a better VIP suite. This time I was in a 2-room dorm converted to a suite. The VIP room suite had better furnishings, but the Visitor Quarters were adequate.

Pluses:

+ Refrigerator had enough room to hold a medium Chicago Stuffed Pizza and drinks

+ Separate freezer for frozen foods

+ Good microwave and coffee pot (although I do not drink coffee)

+ Helpful front desk (when they are not swamped with customers)

+ Wi-fi in room

+ Bed was good

+ Location, location, location

+ Sundry sales at front desk included Orange Juice

+ Plenty of cable TV channels (over 70+) and 2 flat screen TVs

+ Leather sofa

+ Dining area

+ Close to the huge gym

+ Good artwork of local sights in room

Minuses:

- Ran out of room for the weekend (this happened last time I tried to stay on leave over the weekend--they kick everyone out becasue they are FULL)

- The wi-fi modem was in my room but was used by the entire floor...my neighbor left a note on my door to "reset the modem" because service was out

- Check-out by 1100L is difficult

- Parking lot crowded daily

- Toilet blocks the stand-up only shower

- Dehumidifiers need to be emptied twice daily by occupant

- TV turns on REAL LOUD every time

I was satisfied with my stay but I would to have liked to have stayed in Tampa through the weekend and got kicked out Friday by 1100. I was able to order Giordano's Chicago Deep Dish Stuffed Pizza and re-heat the leftovers in the microwave--although I had to meet the driver at the front gate 10 minutes away from the Visitor Quarters. The suite used to be 2 dorm rooms but now is a 1-room suite or 2:1 with a common shower/bathroom with separate sinks on each side.

I would stay here again because it was cheap ($39.00 per night) and close to my business class, but they need to have enough rooms to stay through the weekend when I booked months in advance.
MacDill Inn Visiting Quarters
MacDill Inn Visiting Quarters. Gr…
jennjeff1 says:
Sorry, only military.
Posted on: Sep 02, 2011
dahling says:
Is this open for everybody or only military members?
Posted on: Sep 02, 2011