MMLDC

Check Antipolo City Hotel Deals

MMLDC Antipolo City Reviews

yheleen yheleen
hotel with a rainforest Dec 21, 2009
This place is one of my most loved of all. I stayed for 9 days here last November 09 and cherished every minute of it. Maybe because I got to spend the time with lots of good friends and shared the fun and laughter with them.

In addition to the great company I have, the place is also one-of-a-kind. What’s unique about the place is that it’s a hotel, a learning place and a ‘park’ in one.

However, if there is one thing I’d like to change in the place, it would be its name – too long and hard to remember.

MMLDC stands for Meralco Management & Leadership Development Center Foundation Inc. It is the knowledge center of MERALCO (Manila Electric Company) which is Philippines' largest distributor of electrical power. It has also been a venue for learning opportunities for other organizations as well.

MMLDC is not only for business purposes. It is also for travelers looking for a comfortable place to stay outside Manila but still accessible from the metro. It is located in Sumulong Highway, Antipolo City. From the airport, we took a taxi for a thousand pesos since it’s outside Manila already. It’ also far from the big shopping centers but there are smaller ones in Antipolo City which is more or less 10 minute ride in a tricycle or jeep.

You can also ride a jeepney going there from Manila. I took one going to Sumulong, Antipolo from Cubao. There’s a terminal near SM Cubao where fare is only 30 pesos.

MMLDC area is big (98,662 sq. m) and ideal for those who love to jog, enjoy nature, and want good food and a comfortable room with big bed and other amenities. We love the fact that we can jog around the area every morning just before taking our free breakfast.

Yes, there is a rainforest in MMLDC, a jog trail, area for teambuilding which includes wall climbing plus an aviary and duck pond with peacocks, flamingos, parrots and swans among others. There is a recreational area as well which includes a basketball court and Creativity Hall. And there’s a small pool and massage area too which suits our needs well.

With nature all around us and with Antipolo’s cool climate the city is so known for, we can certainly feel the crispness of air and the freshness of the surrounding. There are even times when we woke up to a foggy morning.

The importance of walking is given emphasis in MMLDC and so we did lots of walking in the area, a good exercise for us. On rainy days when walking is not good, they provided us with e-jeepneys and cars for us to roam around the area.

I have stayed in many hotels but the warmth and comfort the bed of MMLDC provides is one of my top favorite. I love their rooms and each bed has its own table and electric lamp – really ideal for learning or for travbuddies, great for blogging and doing reviews, hahaha.

The Residence Hall where the rooms are is a few meters away from the dining areas (Areva Pavilion and the Food Hall) and so we needed to walk a few meters going there. The Areva overlooks the swimming pool and in some occasion has a live band playing. We were lucky to witness a comedy show that time; maybe it wasn’t a regular show but it was good to see one. The pool however is for kids only since it is a few feet deep and space is quiet small so we weren’t able to try the pool.

MMLDC’s pastries are real good and they baked their own. Top on my list would be their cookies and cakes. I love their choices of dessert as well.

MMLDC has its own chapel, clinic and helipad which can be used for emergency purposes – a good indicator that we were at least in good hands.
bathtub in the suite room
suite room
feeling the Christmas spirit in MM…
yey, having fun at the recreation …

Check Antipolo City Hotel Deals