Chicago, Illinois

MK Chicago Reviews

ale4529 ale4529
Want the best restaurant in CHicago? Apr 09, 2011
Let me start by saying I'm in love with Asian food, noodles, rice and the basics for pretty much every meal. What can I say? I lived there for a year and can't get it out of my diet. Plus, American food in my eyes is just terrible. Never the less, don't let this scare you away. I do enjoy fine dining sometimes, as long as I'm presented with something that's REALLY worth the price. I'm hard to please when it comes to food. That being said, MK fit the bill, 100%.

My friend and I went here. There wasn't a single dish we didn't enjoy. I started with the gnocchi and, although I don't normally order chicken when dining out, it stood out on the menu that night and didn't disappoint. Crispy skin, excellently seasoned, moist and juicy, not at all dry. For dessert, I ordered "2 bananas walked into a bar." The mix of temperatures and textures made this one of the best desserts I've ever eaten. My friend ordered the chef's tasting menu featuring parsnip soup, foie gras, venison loin and a hazelnut/chocolate dessert. We enjoyed sharing each other's dishes and both of us thought everything we ate was absolutely excellent! There were also two complimentary dishes that were a nice touch. I can't find a single fault with the food we enjoyed at MK - from start to finish, the flavors were well balanced and delicious.

The service was in no way intrusive, yet they were very much present when we needed something. Each of our servers seemed very interested in making sure we were happy with every part of our dining experience.

This restaurant, as many have mentioned, is not inexpensive. A single alcoholic drink, appetizer, entree, my friends 4 course tasting menu, dessert, tax & tip came to around $150.
danielle_8101 says:
Great entry! I highly highly suggest you try Boka on Halsted... the experience almost rendered me speechless. They have a 6 or 9 course tasting menu as well and it's jam packed with flavor and specialty items.
Posted on: Jul 09, 2011