MINGTOWN Etour International Youth Hostel
021 5375 1855
Check Shanghai Hotel Deals
MINGTOWN Etour International Youth Hostel Shanghai Reviews
Cheap hostel in city centre of Shanghai Nov 22, 2010
Through hostelbookers you can only book dorms (6 pers.) for 65 RMB, but there are also private rooms available. I think you can book them through calling or e-mailing the hostel.
The hostel has a really good atmosphere and most travelers are easy going. But there are some things which could be better.
- The toilets are so small that you can't turn around.
- The staff at the reception is not always that kind and sometimes it seems they don't know that much.
- The prices at the restaurant are to expencive, although people who stay in the hostel get a discount.
- And it's pretty difficult to find.
On the other hand there quite some things which are really good;
- The location is awesome, it's only a 7 minutes walk to the subway station People's square and you can walk to Nanjing Rd. (East) and other touristic atractions like the Bund.
- There ladies who clean the room everyday.
- There are 2 computers free to use and there's also Wifi.
- Besides the restaurant is a really nice sitting area (outside) where you can drink your own beers (you can get them really cheap around the corner) or your own food (there are also some fruit stalls and simple restaurants around the corner).
- During my stay I always had hot wather.
- They provide a sort of wooden locker in your room.
- The atmosphere is really good.
- It is possible to stay for a longer period (like 1 month).
And the only thing which I can add is that I had a wonderful time in this hostel and I met awesome people.
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Mingtown Etour Youth Hostel Oct 05, 2009
fantastic hostel in fantastic location,just 2 minutes walking from People;s square metro stop,a nice hostel with bar,living room,terrace with water,free wifi,amazing ambient,a perfect place to stay
probably best hostel in Shanghai
Part of the Round the World: or When a dream comes True travel blog