MGM Grand Hotel and Casino

MGM Grand Hotel and Casino Rates and Deals

MGM Grand Hotel and Casino Las Vegas Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Beautiful and Captivating Rooms May 13, 2013
The sheer size of the establishment alone is mind blowing. What took me by surprise was the room we got at the price we got it for. It was an impromptu stop as we drove home from a 4 nights getaway to Yosemite National Park. We had just toured Death Valley National Park when I decided we should make a stop in Las Vegas to pamper ourselves after a few days communing with nature.

I got on my iPhone, logged on to Booking.com and found a wonderful deal for $79 for the Deluxe Queen. The interior of the room was inviting with beautiful art decor. The amenities are definitely high quality. Refrigerator with drinks that you can have and get billed to you at check out. Flat panel TV, computer desk with quite modern desk light and white leather chair.

The bathroom was large with a great bath tub. The counter and wash sink looked new and modern with fine and cool colors that gave it a cool feel.

The beds were incredibly comfortable, fresh bed sheets, soft pillows and beautiful long accent pillows.

The electronic control panel for the blinds was awesome. We were able to get the room pitch black by pressing a button.

The floor carpet was colorful giving the room a cozy feel.

My only disappointment was there there was no microwave or coffee maker in the room. But then I guess they are in the business of making money anyway they can. That explains the 3 Starbucks shops I saw in the part of the Casino floor I was able to walk through.

My daughter on the other hand was disappointed because we took time to go swim suit shopping for her, only to find the hotel pool had closed at 6:00 pm. That was really frustrating for me too because I had planned on getting me a martini to drink by the pool.

I must say I enjoyed my one night stay and will surely go back.

PS: Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today!
Our beautiful room at the MGM Grand
TV station and refrigerator holder
Bathroom amenities
Bathroom amenities
Africancrab says:
It was great. Glad you liked it too
Posted on: May 18, 2013
ccjbeachbum says:
yes i loved mgm
Posted on: May 18, 2013
Dollywood Dollywood
Mgm, not so grand. Dec 26, 2012
MGM Grand is not so grand. This facility is incredibly large and the reception desk (3 staff members) definitely was not sufficient enough to service the numerous patrons attempting to check-in. The line was absolutely ridiculous. In addition, to add insult to the weary faces in line, the system was down. This only added more inconvenience and disappointment upon checking in. Despite, the long wait nothing was offered to patrons as incentives to make up for such an inconvenience. Guests were only given a forced smile and an apology.

In terms of guest rooms, these rooms are vast distances from lobby, casino area etc. (10 minute walk). However, rooms are immaculate with beautiful modern decor. Unfortunately, a flying cockroach was spotted which I have photographed. After contacting room service nothing was offered to make amends not even a simple apology. Nonetheless, surrounding hotels and the strip are accessible through the usage of monorail and taxi services which is affordable. Room service staff are exceptionally polite and gracious.

Lastly, I booked for Dec. 19 to the 22. Due to flight delay my party did not check in until Dec. 20. I was still billed for all days despite the fact my party and I was absent for the first day. Finally, minibar situation which I am not content with. Dishonest staff entered room and removed or used certain items which my party and myself did not use. I also initiated a call to the front desk about my concerns on missing items yet with false promises and to no avail I was held reliable for 3 items not consumed by my party. Although, these items totaled 10 dollars the principle still stands. I doubt I would return to the MGM Grand.
amandalaren amandala…
Fond stay Aug 14, 2012
My mom and I stayed here when I was 15 years old and it didn't change much when I went back at 21. I stayed somewhere else the second time, but I had fun. It smelled so good in the lobby, I wanted to buy the perfume but I couldn't find it the second visit.

The rainforest cafe was pretty fun but the lions being locked up inside was kind of upsetting. For lions, they didn't really have a lot of room and were on full display constantly. They just slept the whole time, but they really should be in a wildlife area. I felt bad for them in the encased glass atmostphere. The pool was nice, the casino was fun - I won a bit here for my first time and proceeded to lose it all of course.

Lovely hotel, liked it better than the excalibur view.
danielle_8101 danielle…
It's Vegas but I'd Like My Privacy... Feb 14, 2011
This is mostly I review about the particular room we stayed in and not the whole hotel/casino. Upon check-in we were greeted by a very friendly staff member who stored our bags until our room was ready. We jumped the gun and were a little too anxious to check-in, oops. Once our room was done we took our own bags up (yes, I AM capable..scary) and when we opened the door, well the first thing I noticed was the incredible, GRAND bed and the second was.. wait, there is no door on the bathroom? That's right. The bathroom joined with the rest of the hotel without a door. There was a small hallway that separated it. I mean I am not a shy gal by any means but call my crazy, I'd like some privacy and if for nothing else than to get ready in peace :)

I was actually pretty impressed overall of the quality since we got the room for a very fair price! What I love most about Las Vegas is the hotel packages.

Anyway, the bed was so comfortable that I slept in until at least noon everyday. It wasn't 100% the bed's fault but I'd like to give some of the blame away. The blankets and comforter were soft and the artwork in the room..amazing. There were no windows in the hotel room but it felt very open. Or, wait.. was there windows? I remember it being very dark 24/7 which I am not going to complain about.

Great room. Great hotel. Would I stay there again? Not in that particular room but yes I'd stay somewhere with a door :)
I could jump right in...
AlixR AlixR
Disappointed Sep 30, 2011
Overall I was disappointed with the MGM Grand. For a four star hotel I felt it lacked some basic amenities in the room, for example, it had no fridge. I've never been to a four star hotel without a fridge in the room! Secondly the room didn't have a full length mirror; to add to this the only mirror was in the bathroom, not fabulous for 3 girls sharing. The Wi-Fi was temperamental. The pools were average for any hotel, a long walk (through the casino) from the rooms though.

The beds were comfortable, for that this hotel deserves credit. Good air conditioning in rooms and it was the only hotel that got the balance right in the communal areas. The bathroom was big and clean. The casino was fun and I think it was one of the better ones I went to.

Not the best, considering I had been staying in hostels with better facilities for $30 a night I was unimpressed. I wouldn’t stay here again.
mark77 mark77
Awesome Oct 12, 2011
Very nice hotel to stay in. I stayed in the celebrity spa suit. Decent sized room with a big bathroom,also a marble jacuzi. The hotel itself was beautiful and the staff were very friendly. The nightclubs in this hotel were average.a lot more better ones in other hotels or on the strip. There are many places to eat but the rainforest cafe was my fave. It's also worth getting a photo taken with the tiger cubs. Overall I would stay here again ps it's worth trying for room upgrades when you first check in, you get them cheaper at the hotel reception rather than booking thru a traevel agent. Mark
pickettk pickettk
Best deal on the strip Mar 17, 2011
If you are staying in Las Vegas for vacation you HAVE to stay on the strip. I've lived in Vegas for 2 years while going to graduate school and this hotel is by far my favorite to convince my friends to stay in when they visit. It's affordable, has great clubs, in on the south side of the strip (better side) and mainly, the pool is awesome. I still go to this pool whenever I have a chance! Stay here for the best deal to make your trip the least stressful and the most fun.
Travelbuddys says:
LOve the MGM grand!
Posted on: May 17, 2011
airlineguy airlineg…
Good deal on the Strip + Monorail Aug 22, 2011
Prices used to be great, but are edging up over $100/night average. Monorail access inside the hotel is unique and convenient to most of the strip. Food options are good and Studio 54 is not a bad spot to dance.
L_L_Travel L_L_Trav…
Nov 20, 2011
Modern room, great location. Just a bit small but we didn't care....You're not in Vegas to spend all day in your room anyway!
Rokerij Rokerij
From What Little I Remember Apr 05, 2010
We arrived in Vegas for our third go at Sin City. We had done some pre-drinking in our hometown airport as well as in the air. It turns out if you dislike the stewardesses favorite hockey team and give her a little trash talking, she will slip you extra drinks. Weird, but anyways....

So nice and primed up, we went to the carousel and for the first time ever my bags were not the last ones off the plane. In fact, they were first. We were out of the airport and to our hotel literally 10 minutes after landing. We were expecting our buzz to be killed in line-ups, but to our surprise we were still hammered when we arrived at the hotel.

Checking into the hotel was not quite as lucky. There were at least 20 lines, all of which were not moving. 30 minutes in line and our line and the lines around us all moved 1 person through.

Some girls came in wearing the traditional vegas outfit. Nothing. While I was staring at them, it turns out so was the reception manager who immediately placed them ahead of everyone else and gave them a room key in minutes. Great! So I told my wife to open her shirt a bit more and coincidentally enough as soon as her button opened, we were called into another reception line. It's like they were just making people wait until they start showing skin. Either way, it worked.

We asked for the room upgrade. We've gotten one at both TI and the Venetian, but not at the MGM. Luckily we booked a West Wing room.

Our West Wing room was very nicely decorated but the view was CRAP. We were looking at the roof of something. What was nice was the shower was big enough for about 6 people and had multiple heads. Literally the best shower I've been in other than our outdoor shower at the Le Meridien in Dahab.

Another great feature of the room was its distance from the central elevators. It was so far away that we had no issues with noisy people at night, whereas our friends complained daily of people screaming at 5am.

We did have an elevator almost outside of our door, but it was west wing specifically and took you right down to a private west wing bar which we used as a pre-drinking spot every night. Mainly due to the fact we were allowed drinking our own booze we got at a liqour store instead of the $10 beers they were serving. And they had nuts.

After multiple nights of drinking and partying I actually got sick. Not wasted sick, but my body was telling me no more type of sick. So I went to sleep early (as in 4am early). My buddy and his fiance stayed out, and it wasn't more than an hour or two later when I got the call to come bail them out.

Long story short, his fiance is a bad drunk. She spent the entire remainder of the trip in jail (almost 36 hours).

So now they hate Vegas, and that jailing gave my wife and I some much needed break from them and over drinking. Somehow, we still managed to over drink... Beerpong will do that to you.
SuperShan1015 SuperSha…
Great Location for everything in Vegas! Apr 12, 2010
I have stayed at the MGM Grand on a few occasions. The main purpose when I stay there is to go watch UFC Fights. The MGM Grand is a great hotel & reasonably priced given everything it offers.

I love the pool area! On one of my trips I went over Memorial Day Weekend and was worried I wouldn't be able to find an area to lounge by the pool. This was not the case! I was able to spend the day there with a group of friends without feeling overcrowded. The Lazy River is fun to float on. I brought my own inter tube. I am not sure if they allow you to do this, but hotel staff did not confiscate my floatie raft. :) There is also a pool where you can play water volleyball in. It is a great way to mingle with other guests.

I love the casino at MGM as well. The casino dealers are very friendly and helpful. They were extremely patient with me when teaching me to play Craps & Roulette. There hasn't been a time when I have been unable to play a slot machine or play cards at a table.

They have a lot of great shows at MGM as well. Cirque du Soleil's KA is a great show (see my other review).

The rooms are average size in my opinion compared to other hotels in Las Vegas. They are spacious.

Also, when you find out what hotel you are staying in if you go to Las Vegas you should sign up for their "Players Club". It is FREE and usually they give you approximately $50 to play in their casino. If you book through their website it is possible to get more casino 'cash'.

I would recommend the MGM to anyone and I would definitely stay here again.
Walkway from MGM to Excalibur
Pool Area at MGM
Jacqueline_R says:
My sister and brother-in-law got married there. They have great wedding packages. I loved this hotel. Their suites are amazing and you are correct in that their pool area is great!
Posted on: Jul 06, 2010
loves-vegas loves-ve…
MGM Grand,Las Vegas Mar 15, 2010
The MGM Grand hotel was my hotel in 2008, Check in service was verry slowly but that was because there where lots of people who wanted to get a room. Its a famous hotel on the Central of the Strip with a verry good location. I liked the club Studio 54 to go out and the lions inside are just amazing.The room was verry big, view at the strip and the bathroom was lovely.Oh and the pool was nice and big, better than the paris.Anyway if you go to Vegas book this hotel !
abhishek6383 abhishek…
AMAZING Dec 10, 2010
Amazing place. Cool hotel with lots of things to do. Clubs , restaurants , entertainment has everything.
exploreecuador exploree…
MGM Grand las Vegas Oct 28, 2010
I went with my best friends on vacation, and we had a great time, we didnt eat there, well , food is always expensive at Las Vegas, but the rest is great, they have the disco Studio 54, where you can enter for free if you are a guest .

The have wet republic (pool party) really cool.

so we went to most to the hotels and i can say that for the price MGM is the best.
kyuri18 kyuri18
Huge hotel with great amenities and restaurants Dec 02, 2009
This hotel is not located in the heart of the strip, but close to the airport, and many hotels are within walking distance (As long as it's not too hot). Early check in was absolutely fine, and hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

I stayed in this hotel two times: the first was junior suite and the other one was just regular one. The junior suite room was of course much nicer than the regular one, with a living room and a big bathroom, and has a fridge and coffee maker in the room. However, the regular room had no fridge or mini bar, and no coffee maker. The bed was comfortable in both the suite and the regular room, and the toiletries were the same which I liked. I especially liked the shampoo and the body soap.

What I liked the most was that there were lots of nice restaurants and entertainment. The French restaurant Joel Robuchon has a pretty good reputation, and the Japanese restaurant Shibuya was absolutely wonderful. Regarding the entertainment, there were shows KA by Cirque du soleil and the Crazy Horse. I watched both of them, and they were pretty amusing. I also watched David Copperfield's magic show, but it was just ok.

My other favorite activity was watching two lions in the lion habitat. They were always sleeping whenever I went to see them, but it was still good to see them sleeping.

My only minor complaint is that this hotel is so huge that I have to walk too long to get to the room from the elevator. You might want to ask to give you a room close to the elevator, but not too close as the noise from the elevator might distract your good night's rest.
View from the room
Lord_Mike says:
Good to know, as I am doing my research for going in February.....thanks!
Posted on: Jan 12, 2011
Travelbuddys Travelbu…
Perfect May 13, 2009
In 2009 we spent 3 nights in the MGM hotel, booked on the internet for just 80$ a night except for the friday it was a 124$. We had a room in the westwing of the hotel it was perfect, big , clean and a amazing view from the 21th floor. The hotel has over 6000 rooms and is one of the biggest in the world. The hotel has lot's of swimming pools, casinio, restaurant and has an connection on to the Las Vegas strip monorail. This hotel is worth the money you spent on it. Booking thrue the internet in advance wil save you money. Prices start at 80 up to 999$ (penthouse). But even the most cheapest one a nice room. Take yout time to walk to one of the 7 pools of the hotel, it took a good 15 minute walk to get to the first one. Drinks are allowed in the pool and payment goes to your room bill so no money needed, not even for the tip, since you put it also on the bill with a waitress of choice.

have fun
Part of the lobby with entree too …
Lions in the hotel
View from a room
Pooltime
mkarinaa mkarinaa
MGM Aug 22, 2009
Not much to say but a great hotel. Its got everything: cirque du seleil, amazing restaurants, nightclub (Studio 54), lion habitat and tons more. Very fun and trendy place. The regular rooms are well...regular but if you sprint for an upgrade like a room in the West Wing you won't regret it. The beds are so comfy you won't want to get up. The bathroom has bathtub so you can soak after a hard day of partying.
hummingbird50 says:
Yes lions sleeping good!!!
Posted on: Jan 07, 2011
effortlesszenist says:
I can't wait to go... going to see the Beatles "Love' show.
Posted on: Sep 01, 2010
Biedjee says:
I stayed here when it was still the largest hotel in the world. Pretty cool :-)
Posted on: Aug 22, 2009
ajdennis1980 ajdennis…
Great for your first trip to Vegas May 24, 2009
We stopped here for 5 nights in May 09 for $98 a night (book direct from the website the rates change daily, so you can grad a bargin if you plan it right).

The room was brilliant, a view of the strip from the 17th floor and was kept immaculately clean all stay. Room service was also reasonable.

We didn't realise it was Memorial weekend when booking so the Sunday and Monday nights were busy and then a quieter few nights at the end, a good contrast.

The pool area is extensive, with several pools including one for adults only and a lazy river with plenty of bars alongside them. Some were a bit posy and are defiantly full of the younger visitor.

There is a large casino, which gives free poker lessons (great fun), an endless list of restaurants and a lions enclosure.
View from our room
HuBison HuBison
Lovely stay for the first time in Vegas Feb 02, 2009
When there are 4 girls in a room, it comes out to a pretty good deal. The MGM Grand is right on the strip, near the end, but when one goes, they MUST stay on the Strip...although the Wynn is up now.

The buffet was good, we had access or short cab rides to other hotels and clubs. When you go, you just have to look at all your options and what you're going to Vegas for. The MGM should be considered for lodging without any complaints from me.
Mochabeauty27 Mochabea…
Eveything from lodging, to shopping, to nightlife all in one place! Jan 15, 2009
I took my first trip to Las Vegas last year and I went with two friends. We stayed at the MGM Grand Casino and Hotel and this place was gorgeous beyond words. We stayed in a very nice room, with two King sized beds, a mini fridge, nice sized bathroom and we had a view of "New York, New York." It was beautiful. The rooms were all upstairs, then downstairs was the casino, shopping stores, nightclubs, bars and lounges. Studio 54 was amazing! The music was good, and the crowd was diverse.

If you're planning on going to Vegas, I would definitely recommend the MGM Grand. Another good thing about it is the location. It's right near the Hooters, The Luxor, "Paris, France" and the strip.
Displaying reviews 1 - 20 of 26

• Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes