Mỹ Sơn Ruin

My Son, Vietnam

Mỹ Sơn Ruin My Son Reviews

TravChef TravChef
Incredible Site, Worth Visiting if you are the UNESCO Fan Oct 04, 2015
This is an interesting part if you thrive for the cultural visit. This incredible UNESCO World heritage site in the middle of Vietnam can show you how Champa Civilization used to develop in this area.

My bestfriend from Jakara coming with her family to visit me in Danang and we all went together to this superb demolished temple. According to Wiki, the history of My Son are as follows:

Mỹ Sơn (Vietnamese pronunciation: [mǐˀ səːn]) is a cluster of abandoned and partially ruined Hindu temples constructed between the 4th and the 14th century AD by the kings of Champa (Chiêm Thành in Vietnamese).[1][2] The temples are dedicated to the worship of the god Shiva, known under various local names, the most important of which is "Bhadresvara".

Mỹ Sơn is located near the village of Duy Phú, in the administrative district of Duy Xuyên in Quảng Nam Province in Central Vietnam, 69 km southwest of Da Nang, and approximately 10 km from the historic town of Trà Kiệu. The temples are in a valley roughly two kilometres wide that is surrounded by two mountain ranges.

From the 4th to the 14th century AD, the valley at Mỹ Sơn was a site of religious ceremony for kings of the ruling dynasties of Champa, as well as a burial place for Cham royalty and national heroes. It was closely associated with the nearby Cham cities of Indrapura (Đồng Dương) and Simhapura (Trà Kiệu). At one time, the site encompassed over 70 temples as well as numerous stele bearing historically important inscriptions in Sanskrit and Cham.

Sorry, I could not upload my pictures at the moment, I have no idea why...but it worth visiting.

Compare Haiphong Hotel Rates (11.4km away)

My Son Map