M/S Majesty of the Seas

Check Miami Hotel Deals

M/S Majesty of the Seas Miami Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Lovely service Apr 06, 2012
This was the first time that I actually spent some days on a floating hotel or cruise ship. I had stayed on boats sailing to England or Norway before with one-night sleepovers but never on a cruise.

The check-in went much smoother than I had expected because I found the whole registration procedure before the cruise quite annoying with millions of questions that I had to fill in before registering on the cruise. There were loads of gates and as I arrived almost two hours prior to the departure, there were loads of free hand arriving. I managed to check-in relatively fast and I followed the long line of lemmings onboard the ship. Close to entering the ship they took my picture, probably to make some money but I don’t remember buying any shots of me.

Inside the ship I was greeted with numerous smiles and the glittering lobby that was like a beehive of activities. I got my room key to my crib on the 8th that would become my place for the next 3 days. I managed to get into a line where I bought 7 bottles of wine that had to be consumed onboard.

My room was small than I expected, I think that they had used Photoshop and airbrush on their website, but it was clean and tidy. I had a window facing the bottom of a rescue boat and that I had not expected either. The toilet was small but I had not expected much more. While we were in harbor in Miami I managed to get some Wi-Fi connection but I dropped it after we went sea because the prices were insane and the same goes for calling on the mobile phone.

When I look back on my room and the stay on the ship I didn’t mind the size of the room as I hardly was there. During the trip someone that I never saw kept my room clean, and folded nice little towel animals on my bed.

The food onboard was awesome; I had the most amazing dishes and due to the friendliness of the Indian waiters I had numerous of Indian dishes as well next to main meals that was served for us. My friends and I consumed the wine that I had bought without any problem and the dining experiences were quite something. I have to mention the waiters as they were out of this world. Besides doing their job in different places onboard almost 24/7 they were the friendliest waiter I had met, it was a pure pleasure.

Onboard the ship there were loads of activities but the one I liked the most was the Latino Dance room where a wonderful live band performed every evening for almost 3-4 hours. I didn’t do any shopping onboard as I found it quite expensive but the bar prices were fair so I frequented those.

The cruise had meant to stop twice but one of the stops was cancelled due to roughness of the sea so we had to stay onboard the ship the first 48 hours, which I found a bit boring. The day stop in Bahamas was nice though.

A couple of things became evident for me during my stay at this cruise; it will never become a favorite of mine because it was too confined for me and there were way too many people. The people onboard the ship, were much younger than I had expected, which was great. Travelling with a boat full of people and especially women from Latin America was a gift beside any imagination; they were absolutely outstanding in their joy of life and their smiles. The service level onboard was outstanding; everyone was super service minded and genuine. Taking a cruise is not cheap and if I was doing it again I would make sure that there is a stop in a harbor every day.
Inside the middle of the ship
Room service
My room
The room
ccjbeachbum says:
ive been on that cruise twice - a balcony is a must but all in all its a nice cruise
Posted on: Aug 12, 2012
LindsayA says:
I went on my first cruise at Easter this year. It was amazing and I can't believe that I've never done it before. We went for a couple of weeks and, as you suggest, waking every morning with a new island to explore was brilliant.
Not sure my waistline would take a cruise a year though...
Posted on: Aug 12, 2012