M&J Hostel

Check Rome Hotel Deals

M&J Hostel Rome Reviews

shylla shylla
M&J Hostel Sep 16, 2010
Do not expect high European standards when it comes to hostels in Rome…it’s expensive for it’s price for the room and service you are getting, so just be warned and not so fussy about it.

The hostel is close Termini Train Station. Exit at Marsala then go left. At the first intersection, turn right. It’s along Solferino 9 about 5-10steps after you turned right :)

It’s on a high floor and worst is there is a lift but you are not allowed to use it not even your backpacks! The receptionists are just ok, not that friendly but they are helpful when you ask them.

I stayed on a dorm-type room, it’s a bit cramped, I am just lucky to have my bed beside the window. There is a bathroom inside that does not work, only the sink, so you will have to go outside the common toilet where other 8-pax rooms are also using! I am just lucky coz I take my shower without any competitor, perhaps I am too early (7am) and too late (9pm). They also lack on electrical sockets, ration of 2:8! You will have to wait for other people charging their phones and cameras before you can charge yours :(

The thing i like about this hostel is that aside from being close to Termini Train Station, the airport shuttle is just 5-10steps only ;)
anacris_dk anacris_…
Except location, everything is worst Jul 05, 2010
First of all, sorry about my English mistakes.

My Review:

I always sleep in a hostel when I travel and I always pay maximun of 10 euros for a shared rooms and I don't mind because I sleept in great hostels for just 10 euros in Poland and Germany and was really good, but this hostel in Rome is bad, really bad. I paid 9 euros for a shared room. I think private rooms are good ( 35, 40 and 60 euros ) but I'll talk about shared rooms.

Negatives things:

In the website says "Luggage Room free": actually is a very small and dirty room that everybody put their luggage.

The building is old, the "Lounge area" is a joke, small and unconfortable.

The bathroom is really dirty, I saw blood on the floor ( disgusting ).

The bed is unconfortable because they put plastic on the mattress so it's very noise.

It's a noise place, because the building is in a very noise street of Rome.

The only good thing is the location, near to the main train station. Thank God I stayed in that hostel for just one night.

Rome is great and amazing place but this hostel is horrible.
cotterb cotterb
Not too shabby Mar 16, 2009
Not a bad hostel to stay at. I found it to be one of the lower price hostels as I did my search and it came pretty well recommended according to the websites (hostelbookers.com and others)

It's located on the upper floors of an older building just across the street from the Roma Termani station. This is a great location because the Termani station has both Metro lines and a number of bus stops connected to it and you can quickly get around.

The room I stayed in was an 8 person dorm room with a shared bathroom. Unfortunatly there were only 3 tiny showers and 2 tiny stalls. The bathroom was male & female shared, as was the dorm.

This wasn't really bad...it just took a little getting used to. The hardest part was that there wasn't really a place to change clothes. The shower was too small to even undress in it, and you couldn't be naked in the dorm or the bathroom. Everyone did well with it though, and considering the price I didn't mind much.

It was clean, and they provided linen and a pillow for the bed. I found the bed comfortable.

They do have internet available, but it costs 2€/hr. While they only have 2 terminals set up, they will let you use a laptop for free and they have wi-fi on the common areas on the main floor.

The kitchen was rather large for a hostel and I even watched someone make a nice dinner in it.

All in all I would give this a cautious recomendation. I've stayed in better for the same price, but I'm not sure what other hostels in Rome are like.
NickH82 NickH82
Cool Pad Close To Everything! Jun 09, 2009
This place is a 2 minute walk from Termini Station and the Rome Metro! You can get to any of the major attractions within 10-15 minutes.

With their own restaurant - cafe on the main floor the place is always happening with different travelers coming and going.

Other then the dreaded stairs (no lift - 2nd hostel in a row!) the place was pretty cool.

Prices were very reasonable when compaired with other places in Rome. Book on-line early to get a spot!

Check Rome Hotel Deals