Lynn's Paradise Cafe

Lynn's Paradise Cafe - interior of Lynn's

Lynn's Paradise Cafe Louisville Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Breakfast Paradise Apr 29, 2010
Lynn's Paradise Cafe is an absolute breakfast oasis. I had seen the restaurant featured on the Food Network and the Travel Channel, and dreamed of going there ever since. Visiting Louisville for the day, I definitely knew where we would be eating.

We arrived just after noon on a Saturday; please keep in mind that this place is incredibly busy, with both locals and travelers. We waited for forty-five minutes before claiming 'three open seats at the bar'. I'm not sure how much longer we would have waited had we not jumped at this chance. While waiting, we browsed through the gift shop, offering novelties and souvenirs. (I ended up buying a coffee mug).

Once seated, I knew exactly what I wanted -- French toast, even though I thought about the crunchcakes. On the Specials menu, was the Bourbon Ball French Toast, the dish featured against Bobby Flay on Food Network's Throwdown. Emily and Nathan had to look over the menu; she decided on a cheeseburger and french fries (I know, how adventurous), and Nathan, catfish. The breakfast menu is offered all day, they have a variety of omelets, as well, plus other breakfast and lunch items. I noticed the fresh squeezed orange juice machine, and debated on getting a glass, but decided against it. We also noticed a drink that was QUITE popular, their mimosa made with the fresh OJ. (I almost gave in, even though I don't drink - at all.)

My french toast was absolutely amazing. Four slices of cinnamon bread (with thick, luscious ribbons of cinnamon -- imagine cinnamon rolls in bread-form), topped with vanilla custard, chocolate syrup, and fresh strawberries, served with whipped cream and pecans. OH MY WORD! Delicious!

We sat at the bar, those being the first available seats, but there is outdoor seating available as well. The restaurant is rather eclectic, with several creations of art of various sorts on display, as well as outdoor art.

Parking is limited on the premises, but if you drive to the next intersection, there is a parking lot with plenty of spaces, marked parking for Lynn's. Then, walk a block or so back to the restaurant.

Despite being on the expensive side, (my French toast was $15), Lynn's Paradise Cafe is DEFINITELY worth experiencing. To be quite honest, I'm a little surprised that Louisville, Kentucky has one of the top restaurants I've enjoyed in the world.
Lynn's Paradise Cafe
interior of Lynn's
dswink5y dswink5y
Aug 05, 2007
Ive lived in Louisville for 2 years now, and I have always wanted to go here, especially after seeing it on the food network channel. But i was very unimpressed. We sat in line waiting for a table for over an hour, which they did give out free coffee, but it was such bad coffee we went next door to a cafe to get coffee. After sitting down we ordered only to wait around 45 minutes for our food, and that didnt even bother us as much, what did bother us is that after all that time the food showed up cold indicating to me that it had been ready and sitting out for a while. The service was fine, everyone was so busy so we werent expecting a lot, but i got a 14 dollar egg breakfast that i really do feel like i could have gotten at Denny's for 5 dollars. the atmosphere was wonderful though, they have a little store with great clothing and fun stuff to buy. Im glad i went so i at least know what it was all about, but i would never go again, or recommend it to anyone, at least not on a sunday.
vulindlela says:
That's too bad.
Thanks for letting us know.
Posted on: Aug 05, 2007