Lyngmo Gjestehus og Camping

Check Hafslo Hotel Deals

Lyngmo Gjestehus og Camping Hafslo Reviews

aloneinthecrowd aloneint…
Nice location but strange behavior ;) Jul 09, 2012
After hiking Mount Molden we were desperately in need for a shower and the only campground available far and wide was Lyngmo Gjestehus og Camping in Hafslo.

The location was amazing at the banks of Lake Hafslovatnet but it was expensive. They charged us NOK 210 (no electricity). Showers were included though.

The sanitaries were in the basement of the main building and very dark. No windows to leave daylight insight. This makes the whole area spooky.

The guy at the reception wasn't really unfriendly but seemed a but annoyed (not by me I hope ;)) so I was happy that check-in was done quickly.

All over the place I saw signs "No alcohol allowed at the place". I wondered about it because it's not usual in Norway. Anyway, a glass of beer and red wine at dinner wouldn't affront anybody.

Later I saw that this place must be run by a religious group because they were helding a mass in one of the public rooms. I find this really strange because I never made this experience on all my travels all over the world. Hehehe, you never stop learning ;)

This is not only a campground but also a guesthouse. They have 26 rooms (16 with an own bathroom) and 7 cabins of various sizes and standards. A breakfast buffet is offered in summer but we didn't check it out.
The main building
Happy about a place relaxing in th…
Paulovic says:
Agree! If you were a group of youngsters it would have been a different case!
aloneinthecrowd says:
You're right, Paul :) Additional to that it was because they wanna tell me what to do and not to do (I mean the alcohol issue). I hate that. Not only on holidays but always. I'm old enough to decide what's right or wrong. And being totally drunk on a campground with kids around is not my style.
Paulovic says:
Thanks for the review!
Always odd when the staff is unfriendly. I think the staff makes a big part in the quality of a place! Great places/locations can be put down by unfriendly staff and vice versa!

Check Hafslo Hotel Deals