Luv-It Frozen Custard

505 East Oakey Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, USA
Luv-It Frozen Custard - Pick up window on the right side!

Luv-It Frozen Custard Las Vegas Reviews

bkretzer bkretzer
Worth the effort! Apr 18, 2008
I heard about Luv It Frozen Custard from a travel book. But when I asked around no one (including Mel and Erin {gasp!}) seemed to have heard of it. The wife and I even asked in 7-11 on the Paradise Rd about it. A very helpful clerk was still in the dark. But, ever in search of great ice cream, I did not give up, and we found and tried it.

Before I get into the ice cream (frozen custard, technically), let me say you have to put in a little effort to get to this place. It’s not far off of the strip, but far enough. It has been in the same place for all 35 years (1973) of its existence. It is two blocks north of the Stratosphere (St Louis St and then Oakey), and make a right. It is right behind the AM/PM there, on the left (north) side of Oakey. If you have a car, it is easy to get to. If you are relying on a shuttle or the monorail, you will have to hike a bit. Anything north of the Stratosphere is not the best part of LV, so go during the hot part of the day or in a group after dark.

OK, I must confess I love chocolate and have high standards. So when I tell you the Chocolate was OK, that doesn’t mean I didn’t like it. Just that it failed to Wow me. My wife had plain vanilla, and even though that is not my flavor of choice, I will confess to really liking that. The owner must use the vanilla as his base for the other flavors, adding syrups to make other flavors.

So that’s the bad. The good is the vanilla base is exceptional. It is among, and maybe even, the best soft serve ice cream I have had. Luv-It turns this into a variety of sundaes, and splits. They have numerous toppings, and even though I did not get to try any others, the steady stream of customers gave me a small window into the appearance. It would not hard to conceive that these concoctions would be great as well.

Bottom line, would I go back. If, I’m on the north side of the strip and craving some ice cream, you betcha! Would I make a special trip from the south side of the strip? I might, but it would take a strong ice cream Jones to pull me that far. But, if you are in the neighborhood, give it a shot.

A couple of notes. No credit cards, just cash. And they are closed Sunday and Monday, except during the summer.
Pick up window on the right side!
Africancrab says:
Heheheeeeeeee, sounds like you guys had quite a time there, wow - frozen custard huh!
Posted on: Apr 29, 2008
Luv it!
Posted on: Apr 20, 2008
pinchora pinchora
Don't judge a book by it's cover! Sep 15, 2008
When Mel and Erin found out I was coming out to Vegas they knew they had to take me to one of two places... one being Luv It which is voted the BEST frozen custard place!!!

The place may look like a dump, it could use some up keep... but don't judge a book by it's cover because this place is AMAZING! Luv it actually started out in 1973 and the only way that people have known about it since is because of word of mouth advertising... just like Mel and Erin found out about it from Bill (bkretzer)... and this has made them a landmark of Vegas as it is one of 10 local business that has stayed open for the past 30 years!

Erin and I walked up to the sign on the side and started looking at the flavors... I had my mind dead set on apple spice (it's my ice cream flavor of the fall) and the guy at the windown told me either chocolate or vanilla... I'm not too sure why they have a huge sign with flavors on the side... but I got my default flavor of chocolate----mmmm I love chocolate!!!

This custard was really smooth and had a consistancy of hard ice cream rather than the soft serve so it melted in your mouth with every lick! It's definitely worth trying out when your in Vegas!!!

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals