Luna Nueva Mexican Restaurant and Bar

(404) 521-3555
Luna Nueva Mexican Restaurant and Bar - main seating area
Luna Nueva Mexican Restaurant and Bar - chicken quesadilla
Luna Nueva Mexican Restaurant and Bar - hallway entrance
Luna Nueva Mexican Restaurant and Bar - fish tacos (or one of them)
Luna Nueva Mexican Restaurant and Bar - restaurant front

Luna Nueva Mexican Restaurant and Bar Atlanta Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
yummy fresh chips and salsa Apr 06, 2009
Luna Nueva is a newer restaurant in the Little Five Points Neighborhood of Atlanta. They are still trying to find their way, I think.

My sister and I stopped here for lunch on a Monday and we were the only ones in there (granted they just opened as we walked in). You enter from the street and walk through a hallway with tables and heaters, up some stairs and into a big open room with a fountain and skylights. A stage in the corner is set up for live music.

The chips and salsa were hot and fresh and delicious. We also ordered some queso dip, but it was a little runny. I thought it was good but my sister didn't care for it. We were told the beverage choice was limited because their supplier hadn't arrived for the weekly delivery yet.

I ordered chicken quesadillas and they were delicious. Andrea got the fish tacos and liked those as well. Our food was good but the service was really slow. It took awhile to get our bill and there were only three tables of people in the whole restaurant. Andrea said the waitress they had the last time was excellent.

I've read several reviews and they were all split. About half of them really liked the place and half said to never go there. This leads me to believe that as a new restaurant they are still trying to find out what works. Unfortunately, its at the expense of the customers. I also read they didn't have their alcohol license yet, but we didn't try to order drinks at lunch time.

All in all, we thought it was a really good place for lunch but have read several bad reviews about it as a dinner location.
main seating area
hallway entrance
chicken quesadilla
fish tacos (or one of them)

Check Atlanta Hotel Deals