Luna Bella

Luna Bella - My plate of escargot with a crust 0f driesd yam
Luna Bella - Portabella Mushroom
Luna Bella - Shrimp Scampi
Luna Bella - Sue (ArizonaIndigenous) with a plate of Portabella Mushroom
Luna Bella - Me and my plate of escargot, and a glass of aged Montepulcano wine yummy!
Luna Bella - Matt's (siualumn) plate of steamed black mussels

Luna Bella Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Luna Bella translates to tasty Italian Oct 10, 2009
I had plans to spend the weekend in Phoenix with my girlfriend Robyn (freespirit3), but we had unexpected changes and we called off our girls night out. I had no plans so I decided to go on meetup.com (SAAC) to see what was available. A week earlier I had RSVPed as a ‘maybe’ to attend the Happy Hour at Bella Luna, the new Italian Restaurant at the intersection of Fort Lowell and Swan. I worked until 3:00 pm today so my afternoon and evening were pretty open. I decided I shall venture out tonight and join in the merry making with my meet-up family. I sent Matt (siualumn) a text message asking if he was attending the meet-up and he replied positive. He asked if I wanted him to pick me up, I responded positive (well it was a good idea if I should have a drink or two, which I did).

I know it's sort of a faux pas to review a restaurant while it's still very knew, but what better time to help them improve service while they still have the chance?

Anyhow, I was inspired to comment that he food was a treat to my taste buds even though a little pricey. Our co-organizer Carole had pre-arranged the meet-up so the management put together a Happy Hour Half Off Appetizers menu for us from 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm. It included:

1. Wilcox wine Ripened Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella, Pesto with Balsamic Syrup for $9.00

2. Steamed Black Mussels in Chardonnay wine Garlic, Lemon Herb, Tomatoes and butter for &10.00

3. Shrimp scampi, Garlic, Roasted Peppers, Lemon, Tomatoes and Buerre Blanc for $10.00

4. Corn meal crusted calamari, toasted sliced garlic, marinara sauce, field greens and lemon aioli for $9:00

5. Roasted Portabella Mushroom, Goat cheese, red pepper coulis, Pesto and Balsamic syrup for $10.00

6. Fried Artichokes with Lemon, Herb crust, and lemon Aioli for $8.00.

When we arrived, a large part of the crowd had ordered and eaten, the popular dish on the menu was the roasted portabella mushrooms and steamed black mussels. I tasted the portabella mushrooms from Barbara’s plate and decided it was what I wanted. I'd suggest you venture out and try the escargot, I had a delightful and taste bud dancing experience with my plate of portabella mushrooms and escargot. The portions were European and tasty, did I mention tasty? Yes! A little less garlic in the escargot and it would make the perfect dish for the evening. The prices are decent for the quality of the food, the portions and the atmosphere, and the service were all fine considering the number of people they had to impress, including some walk ins who were not part of SAAC, a little over 150 people in one evening. Overall, I had a memorable experience and I can see Bella Luna becoming a favourite Tucson food haven.

I highly recommend it if you are looking for something to tickle your taste buds, they have happy hour at the bar and the front bar is set with large screens for the sports fans, infact the games were on and a few New York fans were screaming their lungs out while we dined, great atmosphere in all.
Luna Bella restaurant
Portabella Mushroom
Shrimp Scampi
Sue (ArizonaIndigenous) with a pla…

Check Tucson Hotel Deals