Lulu's Sleep Ezze Motel

Check Page Hotel Deals

Lulu's Sleep Ezze Motel Page Reviews

Boston_Babe Boston_B…
WAY overpriced! Bare minimum, Not clean, Strange Sep 11, 2010
After doing much research and reading many reviews, I decided to book Lulu's because it sounded charming and seemed to be a good value. I should have gotten a clue when I called to make a reservation and spoke to a man who was very abrupt and seemed in a rush to book the reservation and get me off the phone. He confirmed by stating exactly "two nights for $108.00" and I asked for email confirmation.

We arrived at the hotel at around 7:00 pm. It is a small, old cement block strip style motel building, not very attractive. I walked up to the Office and found the handle locked when I tried to enter. As I turned to tell my husband it was locked a man who had been standing outside talking to another couple said "Um, READ the NOTE on the DOOR" in a very condescending manner. I looked up and there was a very obscure note that had our last name, room number, and a hard to understand parking notation. Apparently the owner was not there and had left our room unlocked with the key in it. OK, so, we figured out where to park and found our room. When we walked up I noticed a lady out back there that looked like maybe she was the cleaning lady or something because she seemed to be doing laundry but she didn't greet us. We entered our room and the first thing I noticed were two beds with just sheets, no blankets. Then I noticed two blankets folded on a shelf and when I took one down to put on the bed it was obviously dirty and the thought of using a previously used and soiled blanket grossed me out! There was no closet, just two hooks on the wall. The shower floor was very dirty and grimy. The room itself just did not feel clean. The only positive was the cold mini fridge. The mini bars of soap disintegrated after one shower use and the towels were old and tattered. And the A/C unit is very loud.

We had been in the room about 5-10 minutes and were half undressed when there was a knock on the door. Fumbling for our clothes the knock came immediately again sounding quite urgent. We opened the door and it was the same lady we had seen outside two doors down doing laundry. She did not introduce herself or even tell us who she was but said she was grilling dinner and invited us to join her. We declined as we had planned to try a Mexican place we had seen driving into town. Apparently, the owners grill dinners for guests. What is NOT clear is that you have to go and buy your meal and bring it back and they will grill it for you. That’s nice and all, but the problem is that this is not communicated and people think they are invited to dinner and then feel awkward and unprepared when told they have to go buy everything. Anyway, so that lady outside is apparently the owner and we just found it very weird that she was there but kept the office locked and didn't greet us when we walked right near her. And the condescending man out front must be her husband. Very strange. It’s not a very welcoming way to arrive to your hotel after a long day.

Anyway, we made it an early night since we were exhausted from hiking all day and we didn’t love the fact that a whole group of people were mingling right outside of our window. So, all of these things were not ideal, but we figured for under $60 a night what can you expect, right? Or so I was led to believe...imagine my utter shock and dismay when we went to settle the bill and Lulu said “your total is $216.00!!!! What?? My first thought was that this hotel couldn’t possibly be that much! I told her she must be mistaken and that I have the email confirmation in my car. Well, when I reread the email I realized that it could be read two ways. So, the vague email and the misleading reservation conversation were so frustrating! When I called to make the reservation, the man had simply said “two nights for $108.00”. He did NOT say ‘per night’! The email said (copied from email) “Thank you for your reservation of September 9, 10, departing September 11 Rooms with two queen beds $108.00 INCLUDES TAX Per day”. I don’t know if it’s just me, but coupled with the phone conversation, I understood the price to be $108.00 for both nights since he listed the days I would be there and then $108.00. Why wouldn’t he put a total figure? What really bothered me is that this hotel is absolutely not worth $108 per night!! Nowhere near it! I wasn’t even happy when I thought it was $55 a night! There are many other better hotels to stay in Page, AZ. I would imagine they couldn’t be too much more per night, but I couldn’t torture myself and look just in case they were the same price. I would really be kicking myself if they are!

Do yourself a favor and find a current, clean hotel that gives you the details!

I hate having to write a bad review, but if you see my review of the wonderful hotel where we spent our first night of this trip, for almost the same price, it's just unacceptable.
mr_shanet says:
ya i had same issue labor day weekend in hawaii, paid way too much for crappy place.. figured out on day 2 why i was hearing people talking so much outside my room.. every hour diesel van took people to airport, the people waited for it 20 feet from my room... so 5-15 minutes before each hour i was bothered.. next time wont wait til last minute either.. although the big size bug on my pillow was such a nice surprise ;)
Posted on: Oct 04, 2010
Boston_Babe says:
Ugh, now I'm mad all over again! ;) Just book early so you can get a good place. By the time we got to Page everything was booked so we couldn't change hotels.
Posted on: Oct 04, 2010
mr_shanet says:
haha bernard is a funny guy "when do u go back"
Posted on: Oct 03, 2010