Luggage Chaos in Brussels Airport

Brussels Airport, Zaventem, Belgium

Luggage Chaos in Brussels Airport Zaventem Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Lost your suitcase in Brussels Airport - What to do. Dec 30, 2010
The best you can do if your suitcase is lost in Zaventem is to first make sure that you have checked the right place. If you are sure then you look at the baggage vendor that is named after your flight; this is the one that you have to contact. There are two vendors in Brussels Airport.

Then there is nothing to do but stand in line in order to have your claim registered; if you are two travelling one can search on all the other belts; just in case because it does happen that shipments are on wrong belt or at the oversize area.

Make sure that you have the luggage receipt and a good description of your bag together with a contracting address where they can reach you at least the next 48 hours. Sometimes if you are really unlucky you can wait in line for a couple of hours; I did that when there was a strike once.

You will typical receive a link from you carrier where you can search for news regarding your suitcase using the unique number that they give you when you register your claim.

In Zaventem you can pick up your suitcase yourself also when they find it; this can be a be a bit faster than if you have to wait to have it transported.
Chokk Chokk
Poor people May 17, 2007
The last couple of weeks have been full of crazy situations in different airport all over Europe and as I understand it in USA too. Almost all flights that I had in December were delayed but I kind of feel lucky because my longest stay in an airport for a flight was 8 hours and I only had my luggage delayed one time in this entire ordeal and it was only close to 24 hours.

When I landed in Brussels Airport the 30th of December I was stunned by all the suitcases without an owner in the baggage handling area. It was a scene that I had not seen for a long time. No matter where I looked there were suitcases everywhere. A view like does usually not indicate that your bag will arrive; it was usually a sign on that the baggage handlers had went on strike which happens in Brussels Airport believe me. This time it was only due to flights missing their connections!

It just looked crazy
sUrAbUyA says:
Hope they eventually all got to the owners!
Posted on: Jan 06, 2011