Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Lufthansa Frankfurt am Main Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Lufthansa Aug 19, 2015
Germany’s national airline - Lufthansa is the flag carrier of Germany and the largest airline in Europe in terms of overall passengers carried. Lufthansa Airlines is one of the most respected names in the industry. Or maybe it was, before it has started to strike non stop.

Lufthansa has its good points on the quality. This is something you can’t deny. Flying Lufthansa always means flying in a high standard.

Recently I've used Lufthansa twice in a row as I had a connection flight in Frankfurt. The planes from Warsaw to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt to Nice were rather small and not new for sure. The seats were a little close to each other so there wasn't a whole lot of leg room, but it wasn't a serious issue. The worse thing was that there was too little room for elbows.

Food was very decent. Sandwich with cheese and cucumber … on both flight. But it was only a short 2h flight so still not bad, compering for example to Brussels Airlines that doesn’t provide you even water. The crew was deadly slowly with the meal service. It took almost whole the flight to serve the meal!

In the first plane the crew looked friendly as they smiled etc but I think the smiles were fake as they showed many times their contempt or irritability when someone asked them for something. In the second plane the crew was friendly. One stewardess gave even a plush toys to kids. I bet that in the first plane they had toys too but didn't bother to give.

Few years ago when I was booking flights I always looked if there is a flight operated by Lufthansa in the search result. Now when I’m looking for a flight I pray not to see Lufthansa there. It is all because of the strikes. In last year Lufthansa striked almost every month. This year they calmed down a bit but it doesn't mean they've stopped striking. They did strike at the beginning of the year and they threat that they will strike again soon.

I booked the flight on my own risk as it was the cheapest flight possible. Other flights were like 2x more expensive and LOT Polish Airlines suspended the destination – Nice this year. Few days after booking the ticket happened what I hoped won’t happen. Lufthansa announced a strike. It was supposed to start on 1st July! My flight was on 2nd July and Lufthansa usually strikes longer than one day. Eventually they moved the date of the strike so I could go to Nice.

Would I use Lufthansa again? Yes and no. I would use it again, but not now. Firstly, they need to solve their problems with strikes. I think now it is too risky to fly with them. It costs too much neves as you can never know if you will depart or not, or if you will be able to come back home from your holiday or not.
EmyG says:
After US I will be busy like a half year ahaha :)
cotton_foam says:
Yea, but Aussie is coming up, so you'll gonna be busy the entire last quarter of the year!! ^.^
EmyG says:
Only one more review left and im done :(
Thx for the smiles!
GeorgeLeach GeorgeLe…
Lufthansa Mar 16, 2010
I'm afriad my only experiance with Lufthansa was an extremely overpriced flight that I had no choice in taking back from Korea. Over £600 one way for a 12 hour flight to Munich with a broken in flight system that was the old style TV's hanging from the roof (not even the individual LCDs you normally get on the back of the seat in front of you) led to 12 hours of sheer bordom. Seat's aren't overly comfortable and the plane itself was old.

Staff were friendly however and German beer was plentiful thank God. That was about all that made it tolerable. I'll happily never fly with them again and I recommend you aviod also. I know Germans are sterotyped with effeciency and a disinterest in personal extras but this was ridiculous, especially for the outragous fare. Do yourself a favour and fly with BA or Air France.

Check Frankfurt am Main Hotel Deals