Lucky’s Steakhouse

5705 Falls Avenue, Niagara Falls, Canada

Lucky’s Steakhouse Niagara Falls Reviews

jamesdean252 jamesdea…
Lucky’s Steakhouse - Niagara Falls Aug 04, 2011
A good steak house is hard to come by when you are traveling and you don’t know the area. But if you ask the locals they will have some insider tips on where to eat. Lucky’s Steakhouse was mentioned by a couple people when we asked them where a good steakhouse was in town. So we decide to give it a try since it was within walking distance from are hotel.

Lucky’s Steakhouse is located inside the Casino Niagara behind the Quench Bar on the second level of the casino.

We greeted and seated right away by the friendly hostess, it was a Sunday evening a little after dinner time; the place had a small crowd but wasn’t packed. Our server soon arrived, he is polite and tells us the various specials that are on that evening. Drinks were ordered while we looked over the menu. The menu consisted of Steakhouse fare including chicken, seafood, pasta and decadent desserts, with an extensive selection of fine wines.

I really had a hard time deciding if I wanted steak or lamb. The waiter came back with our drinks and I was still undecided. I really had my mind set on the lamb and he talked me into it. So I ordered the Lamb Rack (Roasted half rack of Australian lamb with Dijon & herb crust, drizzled with jus). While my girlfriend ordered the Filet Mignon 8oz (Centre cut, AAA bacon wrapped tenderloin). Both meals came with 2 choices of sides.

Fresh rolls were brought to the table, while we waited for our food. I knew it was going to take sometime since lamb is cooked as a rack, the conversation was great and the drinks were smooth. I didn’t notice when we first sat down but I had a great view of the American falls from my seat looking between a couple trees. I think there are only a couple seats in the restaurant that you are able to see the falls and I got lucky.

The atmosphere of the place was really nice with light jazz music playing in the background. Black and white photos of various Jazz musicians on the walls of the booths. The lighting was low but was enjoyable with the candle on the table.

Our meals came out with larger than expected portions, with wonderful flavors. The steak and lamb were cooked to perfection that just melted in your mouth. I was really glad the waiter talked me into the lamb it was really enjoyable.

The prices were quite reasonable for the style and atmosphere of the restaurant. Go with the local’s choice like I did and give Lucky’s steakhouse a shot!
RyanCorrea says:
Great review! You certainly are a foodie :)
Posted on: Aug 04, 2011