Lucky's Sandwich Company

3472 N Clark St., Chicago, IL, USA

Lucky's Sandwich Company Chicago Reviews

WalterC WalterC
Stuffed and Satisfying Jun 14, 2011
Located near Wrigley Field, and featured on the TV show, Man v. Food, Lucky’s Sandwich Company is a nice bar and restaurant, that serves the overstuffed sandwich. And really, there is no wrong time to visit this place.

Inside the place, you see photographs that showcase the history of Chicago, whether it’s the past sports teams, or various landmarks in a different time period. Plus some sports memorabilia on display and flat screen TVs throughout, so a good place to watch a game.

The overstuffed sandwich consists of your choice of meat (and a lot of it), plus French fries and cole slaw, all stuffed into one, causing it to overflow, hence the name. There is a menu on the wall, to see the various options. Very filling, and very satisfying.

There is a wall of fame for those who have completed the eating challenge at this place, including the host of Man v. Food, Adam Richmond. The challenge is eat 3 overstuffed sandwiches, and if you succeed, you get your photo on the Wall of Fame. Good luck to anyone attempting this challenge.

The place has a very nice feel to it, and the overstuffed sandwich was really good. Well worth the experience.
menu
Wall of Fame, featuring Adam Richm…
bar
overstuffed sandwich
jamesdean252 jamesdea…
Overstuffed Sandwich Jun 01, 2011
If you have a huge appetite for an overstuffed sandwich, I recommend stopping at Lucky’s! When I saw it on Man vs. Food, it made my mouth water but I knew I would have trouble eating a whole sandwich to myself. We stopped in before a cub’s game for a few drinks and a sandwich before the game. The place is kind of small with not a lot of seating, we got lucky to get some seats when we arrived shortly after the place was packed. Everyone was looking for some good food before the ball game. The menu is on the wall with sandwiches, wings, salads, and a few other appetizers. We had a couple beers and ordered a sandwich. An overstuffed sandwich is your choice of meat grilled with melted cheese and served on thick-cut sliced bread along with tomatoes, an oil and vinegar cole slaw, and hand-cut French fries all stacked on top. We ordered 2 Fredo to split between the 4 of us which has Ham, Salami, Capicola with Swiss cheese. The sandwich was amazing but a lot of food I am glad we split a sandwich so the beers would still go down at the ball park. There is a contest hints why MVF was there a few years back. The contest is to eat 3 sandwiches in a less than an hour. I couldn’t even imagine eating 3 whole sandwiches that’s a ton of food. Great place to eat!
MVF
Half of a Fredo at Lucky’s
spocklogic says:
I remember that episode of MVF - The sandwich looked like a real gut buster. Nice to see your take on it.
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review feeling little hungry!
Stigen says:
Congrats on the feature , looks really tasty !

Check Chicago Hotel Deals