Luckyhiya

Male, Maldives
Luckyhiya - breakfast
Luckyhiya - bedroom
Luckyhiya - the reception
Luckyhiya - small wardrobe and old television, at least all work well even the air condition
Luckyhiya - dresser
Luckyhiya - the breakfast room behind the reception counter
Luckyhiya - tiny bathroom

Check Male Hotel Deals

Luckyhiya Male Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Good Budget Hotel in Male Mar 18, 2014
Hotel located inside the end of the alley way, however it is easy to find since the taxi driver know the location and the taxi stop right outside the street and he points inside to tell that the hotel is inside.

When I check in around 9am, the female receptionist is a bit strange, she said I have to wait since the booking paper I print does not have a room price on it. I said what was wrong with that? Supposedly she has a confirmation letter from booking.com and it will shows the room price and what is included.

And after roaming my bag, I found the details of the room price on the second page of the printing confirmation. After I show her, she still a bit confused and does not know which room to give me. I have to wait around 15-20 minutes before finally I get my room.

The room is on the third floor and this hotel is quite fancy with an elevator on it and it has nine storey high. The lobby is nice with small restaurant serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and full air condition. Wifi work in the whole building – which is rare in Maldives especially for budget hotel.

When I reach the room, it was on the small size, with one single bed (even though I booked for one double bed). There is a telephone on the bed site table, small wardrobe to put my staff away, dresser with mirror and table stand to put the luggage. It seems the place is okay for overnight stay. At least it is cleaner than the hotel I stay in Male before and no insect or cockroach inside the room. The wall looks fresh and clean, so I am happy even though the room is small.

Bathroom could do more with a better cleaning and they only give half a bottle of shampoo – seems like it was used or it is like that in Maldives, as I found out similar situation in every hotel in Maldives. The shampoo and soap bottles never full.

The wall is not very good insulated, since I could hear people talking next door and on the floor above my room, since my room has a big window facing outside and the window in the bathroom is cannot close – it stay open all the time and the window located high close to the ceiling.

Unfortunately there were a couple of electricity short cut in the floor I was in at late afternoon around 6pm, and it appears only in the floor I was in, since I ring the reception to ask about it and it seems they do not have any problem in another floor. The power shortage was remedy after I ring (I was waited around 15 minutes before I ring the reception since I though the whole hotel was blackout), but I hear people talk loudly outside and also from downstair. Other than this incident, everything is okay in this hotel.

Breakfast served in the morning with a couple slices of toast, sausages, fried eggs and beans. It was okay, nothing fancy but fulfill its purpose.
the reception
the breakfast room behind the rece…
bedroom