Lucky Bar

www.luckybardc.com - (202) 331-3733

Lucky Bar Washington Reviews

alexindc alexindc
Laid back place to eat some wings and watch some soccer Jan 26, 2011
After three visits to this place, I think I can write a fair review. I watched the Super Bowl here (lone Packer fan in a bar full of Steelers fans), and I've been to their Tuesday night happy hour twice.

Tuesday night happy hour at Lucky Bar is a simple affair: 25 cent wings and cheap Yuengling Lager. By cheap, I mean by DC standards, so that's $3 a pint and $12 a pitcher. Between two of us, we ended up with 40 wings and two pitchers. The wings come in one house made flavor. It's hot and a little sweet, somewhat Asian influenced. We all enjoyed it.

The atmosphere is laid back; not quite a dive bar, but definitely nothing uptight and fancy. Tables are spaced out just enough so you're not all up on your neighbors, and you can't quite hear their conversations, which in this city, is definitely a good thing. The background music is very alternative; I remember hearing bands like Two Door Cinema Club, The Walkmen, Vampire Weekend, Matt & Kim, Broken Bells, amongst others. And, there are constantly soccer matches from around the world playing on their televisions.

There's not much to say about Lucky Bar beyond that; it is what it is. And it's one place that will be on the regular list, at least for Tuesday nights when I feel like cheap wings and glorious Yuengling.
HuBison says:
Heard of it, have seen it, but have never been, but at the rate I'm going, every place in DC will have a review by you and another by me.
Posted on: Apr 12, 2011