Lubbock Area Veterans War Memorial

4001 82nd Street, Lubbock, TX, USA

Lubbock Area Veterans War Memorial Reviews

kingsheart kingshea…
Lubbock Area Veterans War Memorial Jun 30, 2008
The Lubbock Area Veterans War Memorial is the largest memorial in the United States outside of Washington D.C. Construction cost of $1.2 million dollars and was dedicated on 07 DEC 2003. I have the unique privilege of attending its dedication.

All though its name is “Lubbock Area…” many names on it are from outside of Texas. Each brick represents a service member’s time or life in the service of the United States of America. My father and I both have bricks here…we both served in the U.S. Navy, dad during the Korean War (in the States) and I from 1980-2007 retired from the Navy Reserves as a Chief Petty Officer (E7). It was a great honor for me to give my dad a shadow box to him during my retirement ceremony…he cried.

They still have bricks available if you’re a service member or veteran of the U.S.A. you can purchase one for $125, check the website or call them. As I also stated at my retirement;”Service is about the person next to you, the brother hood comradery you have and willingness to lay your life down for them…”

Yes, I saw the American flag broke and called them to replace it.

Check Lubbock Hotel Deals