Lub d Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand
02 634 7999
Lub d - helpful staff at the Lub D front desk
Lub d - The fancy ladies' washroom. Watch out for the sinks though so you don't get sprayed!
Lub d - awesome that they offer breakfast right there cuz there's not a ton of places around Lud D that do.
Lub d - Lub D mini 24hr bar

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals

Lub d Bangkok Reviews

anillets anillets
Lud d = sleep well! Sep 04, 2012
I spent only 1 night in Lub D in Silom area. The staff was super duper friendly and are always available for helpful information. Internet service with various computers is free just near the reception.

I stayed in a 10-bed female dorm was clean except for the weak lighting. Bathroom is really spacious & clean. It'll take a while to walk to the MRT station but never mind, you can walk to explore the city, espcially the Pat pong market with a lot of cute T shirts :D

Definitely it will be my first choice when I come back to Bangkok next time!
anillets says:
the bodyguards there were so eager to invite me to come in!!! But definitely I didn't :D
Posted on: Mar 03, 2013
ivyleague says:
Ohhh u went to Pat pong, so you have experience the red light district in Bangkok, hahaha!! :)
Posted on: Sep 05, 2012
marvy marvy
clean and trendy! Oct 07, 2011
I love LOVED this hostel. I ended up staying 2 nights at Lub d and it was well worth it. It was my first time traveling solo and staying at a hostel. I had no idea what to expect and thought because the place was so inexpensive that it would be shady. Totally not the case! The staff was really helpful and one of the interns took us to a great place to get authentic pat thai and then off to a party when he was off the clock.

I stayed in the ladies dorm on the top floor which was pretty hot when I first got there (maybe cuz i didn't look to see if I could actually change the temp of the room), but by the night it was pretty cold with the air con. There's an air conditioned room you can watch moves in or just hang out and there's also the main lobby with wi-fi where I met some people that I ended up hanging out with that.

There is no elevator so be prepared to walk up the stairs with all you stuff. The sinks in the ladies bathroom, while they look cool and modern, they spray you even if you keep it on low (but it's thailand and stuff dries fast) so look out for that. They did always have hot water and the girls that shared the bathroom were so trusting we left our toiletries and even clothes that we hand washed out to dry on the racks. Definitely bring a small lock for the locker they provide next to your bunk.

I loved that they had a tour booking agent right in the lobby but my absolute favorite part of the lobby was the mini bar that served some brunch items and drinks all day and night (cuz i get hungry at like 12am not gonna lie)!

Only down side was the location being a bit out of the way from anything really exciting but the train station is not that far away so I didn't mind.

Will definitely go back again if I'm in Bangkok again!
Lub D mini 24hr bar
helpful staff at the Lub D front d…
awesome that they offer breakfast …
The fancy ladies' washroom. Watch …
baymark baymark
great place Jul 08, 2011
Great place. Beds are super solid and they all have their own outlet / light. TV room is a great place to relax. Plenty of bathroom stalls. Wireless worked well. Almost every hostel has some quirky shortcoming and this place didn't miss on anything.
TravellingBrotha Travelli…
Good Value, Central Location Mar 13, 2009
This was my third hostel in Bangkok and It was by far the best. If Lub D was a movie I would give it 2 thumbs up. The shared bathrooms were very clean, the showers were always hot, and the beds in the dorms were fairly comfortable. The hostel has a very open common area in the lobby with a computer lab (free internet), they also have a really cool siting area in the entrance with sliding windows great for watching the rain, and catching a breeze while reading a good book. Another awsome feature is the Theater room it has a large flat screen tv and a nice surround sound system (football anyone?). Overall I would give this hostel a 4 star and I would recommend it to anyone interested in a Safe, Clean, Fun Hostel. Happy Travels
WRBoyd WRBoyd
Fun, Clean, Modern hostel Feb 11, 2009
I stayed at Lub D, when they were in their soft open, so for every night we paid for, we got a free night, My only real complaint was that we stayed an odd amount of nights, and they can't be blamed for that. I found that the staff were very friendly and willing to go out of their way to help you , which was greatly appreciated.
jcowboy jcowboy
2 nights at lub d Jan 09, 2009
clean, friendly, secure. Only downside doesn't have the atmosphere of Kao San Rd. But this is also a blessing.

Related Travel Blogs About Lub d Bangkok

Flower Market & The Move to Reflections Rooms.
This wasn't the first time I attempted to visit the famous floating market at Damnoen Saduak. I planned going there in the past (like twice!) but I have this problem of waking up really early in the …Bangkok, Vaness helped me move from Lub D to Reflections room in Pradiphat Road. Man, the hotel was simply…
Got tired of getting wet - and the move to Lub D.
I really didn't do anything today. Woke up a little before lunch and just hanged out with Porsche at the hostel lobby where Mofu Cafe is. By the way I'll do a review of both the hostel and the coffee…lub D the past few days (met him at the TB seafood market/resto meetup), he was just waiting for his flight to India. It's nice to see a familiar…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals