Luang Prabang Boutique House

Luang Prabang, Laos

Check Luang Prabang Hotel Deals

Luang Prabang Boutique House Reviews

nolan nolan
Average accommodations located a bit far from the center of Luang Prabang Feb 19, 2015
Luang Prabang Boutique House is a guesthouse located about a kilometer away from the main street of downtown Luang Prabang. This would be considered close to the suburbs already so would not be the best place if one wants to be near the action, especially at night.

There are ten rooms in the guesthouse, with rooms six to ten located on the second floor. The dining area is located just past the stairs on the second floor, it is like a large balcony where one can have a relaxing view early in the morning or later in the evening.

The rooms are clean and the beddings fairly comfortable as the bed frame is made of sturdy wood. There is no safe or cabinet, only a rack to hang shirts and other clothing items. While there are 2 pillows per bed, the other pillow is a throw pillow, not practical for sleeping. A towel and washcloth is provided per occupant.

There is a mini fridge provided so guests can bring beverages and have these chilled. Two bottles per room of complimentary water are included.

While there is no bathtub at least there is a shower curtain. The toilet though is right beside the shower curtain - a hand bidet is included.

As breakfast is included, the guesthouse staff with take pre-orders (there is a selection of almost 10 kinds of breakfast) the night before. Coffee is refillable as there is a hot water thermos on the ground floor plus coffee granules in sachet as well as sugar and cream.

Overall this is a bit pricey for its location so it won't be the first choice when looking for centrally located accommodations in Luang Prabang.
twin room, Luang Prabang Boutique …
twin room, Luang Prabang Boutique …
there is no cabinet or safe hence …
mini fridge at Luang Prabang Bouti…
gingerbatik says:
congrats on your featured Nolan
Posted on: Mar 30, 2015
Ils1976 says:
congrats on your feature Nolan!
Posted on: Mar 29, 2015
vulindlela says:
Posted on: Mar 29, 2015
halilee halilee
Nice place but was robbed and owner refused to believe us Feb 21, 2015
We are here for 2 nights. It's in a great location near the night market and center of town. The staff are very nice. Our room is bright and clean and an acceptable size. Bathroom your basic tile room , there is a shower curtain to slightly partition the room. Water pressure is decent and the shower has lots of hot water. Pillows and beds are on the harder side but ok. We are room 6, located on 2nd floor of this 2 story guesthouse, the room closest to the stairs.

There is a breakfast selection which one can order from, along with coffee, tea or juice. The food is freshly prepared and good.

Our stay however was tarnished badly when our room is broken into, though no signs of forced entry. Windows were closed and locked. My roomate's luggage is slashed but nothing is missing. My luggage is also slashed at he zipper, a heys hard case, which was locked up. I am missing my expensive DSLR camera and lens, $600 usd cash, and 2 pairs of shoes ( 1 dress pair and 1 trekking pair, both brand new worth $320). Total stolen is $3000 worth of items. The owner of the guesthouse who has never met us or talked to us decides he does not believe us and refuses to give any compensation whatsoever. Jinny, the sweet manager tries to buy me a suitcase and gives me $100 usd out of her own pocket despite my protests. Her father gives us a ride from police station to the airport to catch our flight as we are getting very late.

Unfortunately I have no photos to share of this hotel due to my camera being stolen.

Would i recommend this hotel? Well the rooms are decent, though you can find much cheaper for similar accomodations. The manager was wonderful. But due to how the owner blatantly basically called us liars and refused to do anything, not believing us despite never meeting or talking to us, I don't think for that reason alone I can recommend it. If you do, it's at your own peril. Very sad.

Check Luang Prabang Hotel Deals