Luanda Business Travellers

Luanda, Angola
Luanda Business Travellers - View from the hotel, they are extending the beach so widen the road. You'll see why this is necessary is later picture....
Luanda Business Travellers - Mood point
Luanda Business Travellers - See what I mean? Traffic is pretty bad all over the city.
Luanda Business Travellers - Baby croc seen from a river trip!
Luanda Business Travellers - This is called a Mangrove.

Luanda Business Travellers Reviews

wed wed
Nov 20, 2007
My first week in Luanda was somewhat overwhelming for a first timer to an African country. The smells, the people, the culture and general atmosphere was all new to me! Coming from Europe this continent exposed me to new experiences and different worlds!

The first thing I noticed was the smiling, warm faces of the local people, the Angolans. They just seemed so happy to see you, all the time and the language barrier, albeit large, didn't seem to faze them they just tried their best to understand the English person standing before them.

While there I took a safari tour to Kissama Park with a good little tour company called EcoTour. And not they didn't commission me to say that, I found the guide Mario both pleasant to talk to and also very knowledgeable about the country's fascinating history. Of course he would be being third generation Angolan, born and bred in Angola. He explained that the wildlife is scarce due to the years of civil war and ill treatment of the country's most precious asset, it's animals but the scenery was breathtakingly beautiful as seen from the photos.

There isn't much choice when it comes to accomodation. I stayed at the Contintenal Hotel and I found it to be both convenient (it was right in the center of town) and welcoming. It's more like a boutique hotel, with a small number of rooms but every bit as accomodating as many of the hotels I've stayed in the past.

Definitely a place worth seeing!
View from the hotel, they are exte…
See what I mean? Traffic is pretty…
Mood point
Baby croc seen from a river trip!
lucian_32y says:
I just came from Africa and I realised that the people are much more happy overthere than in Europe and they have beautiful smiles!
Posted on: Nov 22, 2007