Luan Vu Guesthouse

2 Bui Vien, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
08 3837 7185
Luan Vu Guesthouse - Our room. RM 35 per night.
Luan Vu Guesthouse - You need to turn in from the main road which leads to this path where Luan Vu is at the end.
Luan Vu Guesthouse - The cozy rooms, c/o Hostel World. Mine was split single beds that I joined together, see my HCMC blog.
Luan Vu Guesthouse - The front entrance of the hostel c/o of Hostel World.

Check Ho Chi Minh City Hotel Deals

Luan Vu Guesthouse Ho Chi Minh City Reviews

dkiat dkiat
Luan Vu Guesthouse Jan 02, 2010
I actually booked this hostel through Hostel World based on the reviews of this place. What I like about Luan Vu is the homely feeling you get from the place.

The good news is that it is smacked in the backpacker's district. However the hostel is located not on the main road but somewhat 'inner' and this ensures that you spend your night with not much noise pollution.

Luan Vu location is rather convenient as you are able to walk to the Ben Thanh market, Notre Dame Cathedral, etc.

There is free internet at the main area and the rooms come equipped with hot water, television and aircon. Breakfast is also provided which basically is french loaf with either egg/jam and coffee (I can never get enough of Vietnam coffee!).Should you not feel like eating the breakfast provided by the hotel,I would recommend that you walk outside and get a typical Vietnam french loaf or head for the market for their delicious beef ball noodles.

The receptionist is also very friendly. In fact we got along so well with Ni whom arrange for us our tours and ended up becoming a friend and is now in our Facebook profile!
Our room. RM 35 per night.
You need to turn in from the main …
dkiat says:
Posted on: Apr 01, 2012
sylviandavid says:
Very nice review....
Posted on: Jan 02, 2010
blurbmoi blurbmoi
A brief reprieve from home, my first hostel. Jun 20, 2008
I booked this hostel through the reliable Hostel World site. The place was definitely not dissappointing. The receptionists are very friendly and became one of my first friends in HCMC.

You can arrive at any time as they have a receptionist sleeping near the doors to assist when they close the lights at around 10pm. The rooms are cleaned everyday whether or not you advise. You have round the clock hot water, cable TV and airconditioning. There's free internet though the living room where its situated in is not very comfortable as everybody's passing through.

They do not have a dining area so free breakfast which is normally bread n jam or bread n eggs with coffee are served around the living room tables, that part might be a bit inconvenient if you're the type who would like to enjoy a lengthy breakfast. The food is good though.

You have the phones at the reception area for you to call both mobile and landphones of anyone in HCMC, this was a relief without my phone's roaming capability at hand.

Do not expect a view as the place is in the middle of an area cramped with buildings but is definitely situated very conveniently right smack in middle of the backpacker area. This made every store, shop, and bar that I needed to go to easily accessible. It also makes the hostel easy to spot especially if you're not familiar with the area.

What I also greatly appreciated with the hostel was the fact that the owner, Mr. Cam Thi was already corresponding with me online right after I made my booking, way before my arrival date, that was really comforting. He also sent a message thanking me and confirming if I enjoyed my stay in Saigon after I got back to Manila.

I also liked the fact that they arranged my tours without fuss and gave me warning on being mindful of my belongings as soon as I arrived in Vietnam. They even arranged for my transportation going to the airport, which was upon my request, a motorbike.

I will definitely not forget though the relationship that I've personally built with one of the receptionists, Ni, who would always initiate to chat in her broken english whenever she could. Now that for me is rare.
The front entrance of the hostel c…
The cozy rooms, c/o Hostel World. …
sylviandavid says:
Great review... sounds like a great place. sylvia
Posted on: Jan 02, 2010
Sunflower300 says:
What a great sounding place, this is a fantastic review.
Have you stayed in contact with any of the staff?
Posted on: Jul 06, 2008