L'r Du Temps

78 Avenue Hansen-Soulie, Etterbeek, Belgium
02 734 35 25
L'r Du Temps - What is he doing to that poor cow!! This has to take the prize amongst restaurant displays.
L'r Du Temps - The interiour of the resturant; the bar and the glass wall with the kitchen behind.
L'r Du Temps - The table cloth
L'r Du Temps - In the middle of the restaurant they have built a wall in order to improve the Swiss feeling.
L'r Du Temps - Some of the decorations
L'r Du Temps - My lobster - which was good indeed
L'r Du Temps - The menu

L'r Du Temps Etterbeek Reviews

Chokk Chokk
L'R DU TEMPS (heaven for a plastic cow) Dec 31, 2008
This got to one of the more kitschy restaurants I have ever been to. We had been very late in finding a restaurant for New Year’s evening; actually we hadn’t booked anything until the day before.

It had become a case to find one at all, most good one were fully booked or closed. My friend finally found one; L'R DU TEMPS, which turned out to be a Swizz restaurant in the middle of Brussels!!

The restaurant was situated on first floor in a building complex and was signalling itself with a large amount of Swizz flags over the street.

Inside there were cow’s everywhere, I mean everywhere. I don’t know if it had started with one cow but now there were enough to feed a nation.

Swizz cuisine has never been a gastronomic epiphany, but fondue and cheese are not too bad. The restaurant was in shinning amour, with its mix of Christmas leftover decorations and the kitschy Swizz cow craziness. It actually made me laugh.

The food was okay, it never became a something special but still I had a great evening due to the show they had put on. The restaurant had their office in the middle along one wall and there was full view of the kitchen through a glass wall. One of the waiters we quickly named the potato guy since all we ever saw him carry in was the potatoes for the fondue dish.

Swiss kitsch in Brussels, and the 3rd star is only for the Kitsch
What is he doing to that poor cow!…
The interiour of the resturant; th…
The table cloth
In the middle of the restaurant th…
Chokk says:
It was truly fun but once was enough for me.
Posted on: Jan 04, 2009