Louvre Museum

Rue du Louvre, Paris, France

Louvre Museum Paris Reviews

anupa_rk anupa_rk
A masterpiece in itself! May 11, 2016
It is really tough to review the Louvre. Where does one start?!

I'll start by saying that whether you are a big fan of the Arts or not, I think this is something magnificent that everyone should experience.

I'll also say that my hubby absolutely refused to enter the Museum and said that he could see everything that's in the Louvre on Google. So there's that kinda person too.

Personally, I think that the Louvre is extremely well organized for the amount of work it houses.

Logistics first. The museum is huge. If you wanted to take in every single piece in every single room, it would take you days. And you'd be burnt out, unless you're an arts and history junkie!

It can also get extremely crowded. And that's no fun at all.

My 2c - Get there nice and early..like a half hour before opening time (queues form up pretty quickly). Decide beforehand which parts of the museums you want to focus on, and then chart out a path. And if you want to see the popular works like the Monalisa and Venus, get that out of the way first.

We spent about 5 hours in the museum. Remember to put on a good pair of shoes. You're going to be walking quite a lot!

You can buy tickets to the Louvre in advance and get in a separate queue and moves much faster. We didn't because we weren't sure what day we would want to go. But we got there pretty early and all was well.

There are three entrances to the museum. The main entrance next to the Pyramid is the most prominent and the most crowded, especially towards the afternoon.

The museum is divided into many rooms, numbered and organized pretty decently. However it does take a while to get your bearings. We did take the audio guide and it helped to some extent. But if you have a map and follow the room numbers, you'll be just fine. What the audio guide added to the experience was some commentary on select pieces of work in each gallery.

I think my personal favorite was the room filled with the Italian Renaissance paintings. But there is just SOO much to see! Ranging from early Persian, to Egyptian to French.. It is just mind boggling that so many works have been collected and organized under this one roof.

Like I said, even if you're not a big fan, go check it out. You may just find something interesting :)

And it's an absolutely steal at 12 euros!
One of my favorites
Just to see what the hype is all a…
Vikram says:
Yes, good advice. I love the Louvre but love Orsay way way way more!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2016
shaginhekvs says:
same sentiments when I saw Louvre ..
Posted on: Jun 19, 2016
belami belami
Louvre - a must see Museum in Paris! May 03, 2015
I have visited Paris in April 2013.

Louvre Museum is an amazing building! Even if you are not really an expert in art, you should visit the Louvre Museum.

Mona Lisa painting is very small, I expected a bigger painting. And it's a struggle to come closer to look at it as everyone is making photos of it.

There are few signs on the museum's walls to take care of your belongins - as I found out thieves are very common and this made me a bit concious and I couldn't relax completely to enjoy the museum.

My tip is to come early in the morning to avoid queues and have less people in the museum.
sherryshakarob sherrysh…
Louvre museum Feb 28, 2015
Personally, I very like art and history...so I really connected to museum.

The Louvre is a hug museum, you need at least 3 hours to see part of it, moreover - if you are short in time you should focus only on the areas you are really interested to see.

Otherwise, you will lose time trying to figer out where are you, and where do you want to go there...you will be lost :/

Therefore, plan the visit ! Take to map once you get there, and mark the areas you wish to see.

I was there for 6 hours :) I saw almost every hole there. If you have the time, effort it in there...it's one of the biggest museums in Europe.
Bojasem Bojasem
amazing and fantastic art Nov 18, 2012
I went to paris see three things one of them Musée du Louvre.

The Louvre is one of the world’s finest museums. Although the majority of tourists come for a small number of well known exhibits, notably the Mona Lisa, there is far more on offer than a rather small portrait of a lady.

Book by internet you will avoid hour or more for waiting in the line.

The ticket fee for two days 39 euros.

Everyone knows that Musée du Louvre is a MUST GO when you're in Paris, but everyone thinks that only Mona Lisa is the only one worth looking at

There are many thing worth to see.

I can describe how this place amazing and you will enjoy in every second there.
pm81 pm81
Life altering experience!!! Jun 11, 2011
I was completely blown away by all of the amazing pieces of art work on display at the Louvre. It is said that it is impossible to view every single piece of artifact in a single lifetime that is held at the Louvre museum.

I really appreciated the detail in some of the paintings that were larger than the size of two story home! I was extremely impressed with the Egyptian artifacts that displayed rugs, table and chairs that resembled items that can be found in stores today.

I will definitely return and try to take in as much history that is being displayed in this great museum!
Aleksa1010 Aleksa10…
Beautiful Museum Apr 17, 2011
I thought the price was a bit expensive to go inside, however it's totally worth it. Just make sure to wear very comfortable shoes because there is a lot of walking. The art in this museum is just AMAZING!!!
blazos blazos
A must Apr 27, 2011
If you are going to Paris, France the you have to go see this amazing museum. It is a history lesson as well as houses some of the worlds best artistic treasures. You can spend the whole day there easily.

Related Travel Blogs About Louvre Museum

The City of Love ;)
So I got this Eurorail Passes for 450 USD which allows me to use networks of unlimited trains, buses, ships and trams for 5 flexible days (meaning chosen days) to 3 European countries I want. One of …Louvre Museum. Paris' Metro is quite easy to understand and I have a really good map with me, I made…
From Russia With Love
  From Russia With Love How we were able to go. The thought that I could actually go to Russia with a 3 day side trip to Stockholm, Sweden and do this for free was mind boggling to me.…Paris and the Cairo Museum in Egypt. This museum is huge. Like The Louvre in Paris, this museum (created by Catherine…
AtlantaScottyV's Top 10 List of Things to See and Do in Atlanta
So you say you're coming to Atlanta and want to see what our town has to offer?  Well look no further - sit back, relax, grab yourself a brew and read along.  Here's a listing of some of my…Louvre Museum in Paris and during the next three years (through 2009) they will be displaying pieces of artwork that…

Check Paris Hotel Deals