Lounge 201

www.lounge201.com - (202) 544-5201

Lounge 201 Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Eh, don't bother Aug 14, 2010
Well, Lounge 201 started out with a mostly white crowd and then it transitioned to an upscale African-American crowd; now, it looks like they just let anyone in. Although it's in the Captiol Hill area of DC right behind Union Station, it's just OK.

Ideally, it is a great place for a private event-quaint and well designed, but just so so for happy hour. It also depends on what night you go as to what kind of crowd is there.

I ordered a mango mojito. It tasted good and it was yummy going down, but the next morning, a friend of mine who had ordered the same drink had the same complaint as I did-an upset tummy. I doubt I'll be going back to Lounge 201 soon, but if I ever do, I won't be ordering a mango mojito; I like a happy tummy.

If you're in the area and you just want a drink and something to nibble on (cause their crabcake sliders are worth it), then this is an OK place to stop by; otherwise, skip it and don't bother. You're not missing anything. Oh yeah, and they charged us $5 just to get in for a birthday party we were there for. Boooo!

Check Washington Hotel Deals