Louisiana Military Museum

201 Memorial Drive, Ruston, LA, USA

Louisiana Military Museum Ruston Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
An interesting collection from most American wars Sep 01, 2012
I have lived in Ruston, LA since 2006 and I had never visited this museum before, probably because one doesn't visit things that we have at hand. However, we had the long weekend for labor day and we weren't going to travel anywhere far, so we decided to give this museum a try.

I have to say that I was positively surprised by the amount of items they have in this museum. All the way from American uniforms from pretty much every major war (WWI and II, Civil War, Vietnam, Korea, Spanish War, Irak, Afghanistan), medals, captured flags and memorabilia items from those places. One of the most impressive was of course WWII with many german flags, uniforms, awards, weapons, etc.

They also have a couple of tanks, artillery and a small plane.

This is a great option if you are passing through Ruston and want to take a quick look at American war history.
Imperial Japan flag
Korean war
Vietnam war
montecarlostar says:
Yes, it's an interesting museum for such a small city like Ruston, you should stop by if you are ever in the area.
Posted on: Jul 14, 2013
Cho says:
I would have liked to see this museum. I've read a lot about World War II, and have actually been to several WW2 battlefields in Europe. Thanks for posting.
Posted on: Jul 14, 2013
montecarlostar says:
Not really Vance, there were very few people in the museum! I don't think it's very popular, but that's a shame because it's a little wonder. I found that most of the pieces were donated by Louisiana people who had them in their personal collections (maybe war veterans or their descendents).

And yeah you were right about the 1812 war! I didn't see any item from that period... but maybe it was more relevant in South Louisiana than here... but that's a good question!
Posted on: Sep 02, 2012