Lou Malnati's Pizzeria (South Loop)

805 South State Street, Chicago, IL, USA
www.loumalnatis.com - (312) 786-1000

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria (South Loop) Chicago Reviews

caymanjim caymanjim
Voted # 6 for the Top 25 Pizza Places in Chicago by Chicago Magazine Nov 14, 2011
"There’s a magic to this pizza that goes beyond nostalgia. It starts with the special flaky butter crust—best extra 75 cents you ever spent—and pulses through the vine-ripened tomatoes and lean, subtle sausage" (courtesy Chicago Magazine), but truly Lou Malnati's is a Chicago institution and the best deep dish pizza in Chicago, hand's down (or should I say out and grab a slice!!!)

Deep dish with sausage and pepperoni!!! All the way!
madeleine madeleine
Yummy Deep Dish Pizza Oct 08, 2010
My first Chicago deep dish pizza in Chicago! It was a toss up between going to Giordano’s or Lou Malnati’s – both have great reviews and were recommended by friends. Since Lou Malnati had a location closer to our hotel, Club Quarters, we picked Lou Malnati.

Verdict?

Aside from waiting ~45 minutes to get outdoor table in the chilly evening (it would’ve been a 2 hour wait had we chosen to wait for a table inside), I really liked it! It wasn’t like other deep dish pizzas I’ve had in California or Colorado where it’s thick and soggy from the tomato sauce. It had very little sauce – just a thin layer at the top and a very fresh cheesy middle filling. The butter crust was mMm tasty and had the right amount of crispyness to it. So good! Two slices for me was just right.

Before we got into our cab to go to Lou Malnati, the hotel staff told us to get the cookie pizza. And so we did! That was also super good for dessert and waaay better than BJ’s version.
Lou Malnati Menu
Lou Malnati Menu
Lou Malnati Dessert Menu
Lou Malnati South Loop Exterior
marksreynolds says:
I'll have to remember this one for the next trip to Chicago!
Posted on: Jan 22, 2011