Lotus of Siam

www.saipinchutima.com - (702) 735-3033

Lotus of Siam Las Vegas Reviews

happyhelen happyhel…
Best Thai food in Las Vegas May 02, 2011
Although the outside of the place look ghetto, and the location might seem unsafe, it's not that bad. The inside is nicely decorated, and really not dangerous. This place has the best Thai food in las vegas. Their fish dishes taste very fresh. I haven't found a dish I didn't like from here. Definitely come here if you feel like Thai food.
Eric Eric
Huge menu, would have to go back to get a fair impression Jul 28, 2009
Lotus of Siam is hailed as the best Thai restaurant in the USA, but you wouldn't know it by its location. It's located in a large strip mall surrounding a vast, desolate parking lot.

The menu is huge, with well over 100 different options to choose from. Since we only ordered two dishes, it's hard to form an accurate rating of this place, but I'll try to review those two dishes in particular:

KANG OMM - "Influenced by Lao's cooking this is another unique curry that combined local vegetables, your choice of chicken or catfish chunk and rice powder in red curry base, also without coconut milk, thicker than Kang Renu."

This dish sounded interesting because of the "local vegetables" angle. It was basically just a bowl of vegetables with some catfish chunks in it, not much curry. I think I was expecting something different, or at least a bit "saucier". It was OK, but probably not something I'd order again.

This is a staple of any Thai restaurant, so we decided to order it. It was good, but quite greasy. I'm not convinced it was the best Pad Thai I've ever had, but it certainly wasn't the worst.

Service was very friendly, fast, and efficient. Make sure to make reservations early - we tried to make same day reservations on Friday evening, and it was completely booked for the night. We ended up eating there early on a Sunday night, but it was filling up quickly as we were leaving.

In summary, based on our two dishes there I'd say the food was only above average. Given the acclaim this place has received, however, I'm sure if you order the right dishes, given the vast number of options, you could have a completely different experience.
Eric says:
Good to know. Will have to try those other dishes next time!
Posted on: Jul 29, 2009
poohstanggt says:
The food is usually very good here but the location is definitely not the most desirable. I am yet to go there and it not be completely packed, any time of the day. I think their Beef Massam Curry and Chili Minced Pork are two of their best dishes.
Posted on: Jul 28, 2009