Los Sombreros Mexican Food

www.lossombreros.com - (480)994-1799

Los Sombreros Mexican Food Scottsdale Reviews

acowboy acowboy
Decent But Not Worth The Price Jan 07, 2009
I ate here on a Sunday evening, the place was relatively busy but not as packed as I've heard it gets on Friday and Saturday nights. We were seated right away on the cute little patio outside, facing the back of the restaurant I might add, so you get none of the noise from Scottsdale Rd. They've really made the outside look quaint and inviting, both in the front and the back.

I was a little surprised to see the high prices on the menu but I think that's just because I'm skeptical of any Mexican/Southwestern restaurant that's expensive. I've been disappointed in the past. I ordered the Carne en chile colorado (chunks of beef in a guajillo sauce, spinach and potatoes) and after a few bites I knew I ordered the right thing. Although I have a feeling ordering anything on the menu would have been "the right thing."

The party I was with all loved their entrees and we all enjoyed sipping our Patron Silver Margaritas. Usually I don't get too excited over Margaritas at a restaurant because they all taste the same to me but I especially liked that this one wasn't crazy-super sweet and that it was strong, of course. The sweetness can sometimes make me feel like I ate a bowl of candy but not these. I'm sure the Patron Silver had something to do with it too. ;-P

The service was a little spotty as our waitress didn't come around much and I asked for water I didn't receive. Although I was already done with most of my meal before I remembered, and by that time it wasn't a concern. The food was so good I didn't care.

Check Scottsdale Hotel Deals