Los Platos Rotos

01 999 925 3097

Los Platos Rotos Merida Reviews

cara1234567 cara1234…
Mexico City Cusine "Chilanga" in Merida Jun 04, 2011
I had the priviledge of living in Merida for a year and half, and I can say that Platos Rotos was my favorite cocina economica by far. It was just around the corner from my company's office in the neighborhood of Garcia Gineres, so I ate my midday meal there probaly 3 out of 5 days per week. The owners are a married couple, and they are extremely friendly. After I became a regular, they were happy to make any substitutions that I requested. Chilanga food is known for foods bathed in all kinds of sauces and CREAM and CHEESE are must-have toppings for just about any dish. I was watching my weight that year, so I found they'd replace the delish fried beans with a salad whenever I needed, but normally every meal started with fried chips searved with a generous helping of fried black beans on a chipped ceramic plate (hence the name platos rotos, or broken plates). They have different dishes daily, but if I couldn't find an option that I knew would be healthy, I could always count on them to make me a chicken breast of filet of fish on the grill. My favorite dish they prepared was a stew that took days to prepare called POZOLE, and they'd post a note on their chalkboard a week in advance of when it would be served and I'd start salivating as soon as that sign went up. It was always a bit more expensive than their normal dishes, which ranged from $2-$4, but sooo worth it. It was normally enough food for lunch and dinner, so I always took the left-over home as well. If you're visiting Merida, I recommend seeking out this local gem!

Check Merida Hotel Deals