Los Balcones de Nono's

787 725 7819

Los Balcones de Nono's San Juan Reviews

sweetsummerdaiz sweetsum…
Nono's of Old San Juan for rum, beer, and fabulous sandwiches Aug 24, 2009
On top of the hill in Old San Juan stands this fun bar and restaurant. When cruise ships are not in port this place is mostly empty by day.

I understand from the bartenders that this is the place to be for nightlife and partying in Old San Juan.

I stopped here for a cold beer and lunch during my visit. When ordering food I was given 2 menus; one for Nono's which offered sandwiches and lighter fare and one for Auriola which is a more formal restaurant a few doors down owned by the same man.

I opted for the chicken sandwich with apple bacon and creole mayo served with plantain chips. The food was prepared in the Auriola's kitchen. The flavor was among the best chicken sandwiches I had ever experienced and that took me by surprise! For only $9.95. Lunches on the menu ranged from about $6.95 to $10.95 - a reasonable price. I highly recommend this place! We were a few of only a 10 people who were there over the period of an hour. I cannot forget to mention that Carlos, the bartender who was filling in that day was as hot as the sun! He normally works at Auriola's, so it must have been my lucky day!

The bathroom here was funny because it was so primitive. The woman's toilet didn't even have a seat... I chuckled as I wasn't quite expecting that.

The Bacardi wall is pretty famous. This wall appears in every picture in sets collected by those who pass through. I have seen it several times before and was happy to realize now where this famous wall is.

The mint mojitos are delicious here, too!
hot man, Carlos LOL
yadilitta yadilitta
Nice bar with balconies in Old San Juan - Los Balcones de Nono's Feb 05, 2009
We visited this bar during our Pre Meet-Up, after doing sightseeing in Old San Juan. This bar is located in Old San Juan, right on Calle de San Sebastián. This street is full of bars which go for over 3 blocks on either side of the street. Somehow it reminded Barranco to me. Nono’s is a sports bar at the end of the street. So, no way you’d miss it.

This place has 2 floors. At the first floor you can find a bar and some tables. Don’t expect anything fancy. The bar is housed in a colonial style building, looking a bit rustic and traditional. We didn’t stay downstairs. Francisco recommended us to go to the upstairs area that has pool tables and balconies. Of course the main drink served here was the Bacardi Rum, but you can find different kind of liquors too. We got our drinks and went to the balconies. There you get a great view of a nice square and the lovely streets.

I’ll recommend you to visit Nono’s if you are in Old San Juan and look for a fun and laidback bar with Puerto Rican style and good music. I can see why the locals like this bar.
Los Balcones de Nono's
going upstairs
of course tons of Bacardi availabl…
yadilitta says:
Yes, it's a great place!
Posted on: Jul 12, 2009
enormhiscock says:
This is the place to go if you want to taste the best mojito ever made on this planet. There's one bar tender who can sling out a million of 'em and get every one of them right. I'm moving down to San Juan just so I can be closer to this bar
Posted on: Jul 12, 2009